Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

202 Red Motor

1BADHR

Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 HR Holden, 1992 VP Commodore
Hey,

i just recently bought a 1966 HR Holden, with a 202 red motor with triple webbers on it..
and i am looking to add some HP to it, and i was wonder if anyone could give me some tips on how to add some power at resonable costs?

cheers..

Spinb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
A good tune. If it runs properly with the webbers it probably has been tickled inside to match them.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If it's already running triple Webers, you'd think it has had some internal work already. The first thing to do the red sixes is head work to help them breathe. The old siamesed inlet ports were hopeless. If it has a "Yella Terra" worked head or something similar, which would also have larger valves and heavier valve springs, the next thing would be camshaft and exhaust work. Ater that, it's pretty much down to improved gearing, either by means of lower diff ratio or more gears, such as a five speed Supra steel cased trans, which was a good solid swap on red sixes.

wez84

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv/vr calais V6 turbo oneday N/A Track car
12 port head (blue or black engine) is always a good thing for them with a good cam and alloy timming gears, but you will have to change your manifolds for the head.
I had a 186 is an speedway car it had a big cam bout a 0.500" lift from memory it was under $300 for it, yella terra hi comp head, roller rockers and triple 40mm dellortos made 150HP at the wheel on av gas.
but was a pig to drive.