Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

202 to a 308

dougie1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commadore
hay
i want to start a project i have a old hq ute and a reco 308 the ute has a 202 in it at the moment and my plans are to put the 308 in it what mods do i need to do for it to slide in thanks:bow::bow:D

DVOLVO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS UTE / 5 Litre Volvo /Trusty Swift
None.. It will all bolt straight in..
Only the obvious Exhaust,Wiring and rear Cross member if your using a Turbo gearbox..

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
and......... Brakes (4 wheel disc), V8 springs, engine mounts, and the diff wont hold up for long, so a V8 diff.

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Yeah, there IS a fair bit of work involved.

Not just the brakes, I think you may - not sure about this but the booster and master cylinder needs to be different as well.

And also, you don't HAVE to have discs all round. Discs on front and drums on rear is fine. You just need to uprgrqade it all to V8 stuff though.

Don't forget radiator, tailshaft etc.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
If it has discs onthe front then brakes are done.Try and buy a donor car and just swap it all over.Not that hard really.

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Nah not really. Buying a donor car is the best way to do it.

Yeah, it would have discs on the front, drums on the rear I think. But I think you still need to upgrade to V8 brakes coz the 6 ones are smaller.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Im not 100% on HQ's but I know 4 wheel disc brakes was a standard for V8 on early commo's, and thats why it you have to upgrade to 4 wheel disc and V8 brakes, but that may not be 100%, just what I was told.

Either way Im pretty sure you would need to run V8 front brakes and a V8 (1inch?) booster.