Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
Nah. That must've been another one. Coz I wasn't even reading sreat machine back in 2000 lol.

There's a more recent one. 300hp I'm fairly sure. Although 200 would still be nice......
Any idea how much it cost to get to that spec?

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
head port,knife edge crank,starfire rods,solid cam,60" pistons,up the compression it ll go great

shaaeseer

Reaction score
Members Ride
'82 VH 202 SL/X
Nah. That must've been another one. Coz I wasn't even reading sreat machine back in 2000 lol.

There's a more recent one. 300hp I'm fairly sure. Although 200 would still be nice......
Any idea how much it cost to get to that spec?

Honestly? No idea, I haven't been looking at that side of things with the 202.

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
crank $around 500 on ebay but im prity sure an engine rebuilder could do this not sure how much rods around$500 port $400 i think cam and lifters probarly $400 balance $200 itll cost a fare bit then you got acl race series gasket kit $500 plus machining double row timing kit $150 probarly a few more that i have forgotten as you can see not cheap

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
crank $around 500 on ebay but im prity sure an engine rebuilder could do this not sure how much rods around$500 port $400 i think cam and lifters probarly $400 balance $200 itll cost a fare bit then you got acl race series gasket kit $500 plus machining double row timing kit $150 probarly a few more that i have forgotten as you can see not cheap

lol $500 for stock rods that are the same as blue and black motor? Gotta be a joke.
Lifter and cam wont cost more than 200. Dont waste time on porting heads either get a yella terra or use a 12 port efi one.
Balance bottom end is likely to cost $250-$350 depending on your rod crank and piston combo.
You could get a race series rebuild kit for not much more than $500 maybe $700
double row timing kit WTF??? they run helical cut gears that mesh together either get a nice aftermarket set of them or go some striaghts if you want a bit of noise. Cost about $100 or less.

Machining wise your looking at
$200 for bore and hone
$90 to deck block
around $300 plus to line hone crank and cam tunnel
depending on the head you have and what needs doing can cost up to $500 but you could get a reco stock one for half that price
throw in the bottem end balance your looking at a total of $1200-$1500 for all the machine work
another $1000 for all the parts and it $2500 then you either assemble yourself or pay someone to do it.

Best way to make more power is to build a decent 12 port motor use a yella head and some flat tops run a decent cam and run efi manifold with aftermarket ecu should make 100rwkw or there about with that.

Stock efi made around the 117kw mark and theres some big gains to made just with an aftermarket ecu

Last edited: