Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2020 Camaro for Australia

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
The Zeta platform which allowed for left and right hand variants for the Camaro ended in 2015.
The 2016 to current Camaro sits on the Alpha platform which is left hand drive only.
Some time back GM had said they were not interested in designing the next platform to facilitate any right hand drive vehicles but of course that can change if a profitable business case can be put forward to support the cost of the extra R&D and additional tooling.
So far there has not been big enough predicted sales numbers to support a profit from right hand drive countries.
I was lucky enough to be involved with the Zeta based Camaro Program when I worked at GM Holden. Being able to drive them around was a real buzz.

Attachments

• Resized_downloadfile-2001.jpeg
    Resized_downloadfile-2001.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 203

Red Centre Bluey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WN, Caprice VR
I believe it because it's embarrassing for GM already, if they make then next gen LHD only I'll be extremely surprised.

As far as I'm concerned, it's coming far too late for me. I'd have happily bought a manual 1LE if it was available here and priced reasonably (which is very doubtful) but instead I'll enjoy my motorsport edition.

Bring your Lefty to the NT, we'll register it...

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Probably the only way to get into 4 door V8 is to get a second hand BMW or a Mercedes , and those can be a can of worms best kept closed ,with the servicing costs being comparatively expensive , as for the Mustang , yep they look good and sound good , but content is a little wanting , the finish is pretty mediocre , and don't handle particularly well either , not on NZ roads anyway .