Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2020 Commodore

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
I'm secretly hoping the ZB, because it is the underdog, the black sheep, the odd family member, develops the hero status of the AU Falcon or the VN Commodore for being a thrash mobile. Because it is capable, especially the vxr and it has the capability of having larger accessories turbos etc strapped to it, I'm hoping younger generations in future will take to it because of price (assuming prices will decline sharply) and because of its capability. It will be a car that can cop a beating and deliver the goods and if it gets trashed there'll be others to take parts from and people will be happy to give it a flogging like vn commodores (unlike vk or vl commodores which are now preserved).

One of my clients has a G6E Falcon (bank-manager grey) with EcoLPI motor. Sounds very uncool, but he had the ECU hacked to give an extra
20 kW at the rear wheels, also tons of torque at low RPM, it's a real sleeper car - it goes better than an old 5 litre V8.
So you never know what somebody might do with a ZB?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The Commodore died at VF.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
I'm secretly hoping the ZB, because it is the underdog, the black sheep, the odd family member, develops the hero status of the AU Falcon or the VN Commodore for being a thrash mobile. Because it is capable, especially the vxr and it has the capability of having larger accessories turbos etc strapped to it, I'm hoping younger generations in future will take to it because of price (assuming prices will decline sharply) and because of its capability. It will be a car that can cop a beating and deliver the goods and if it gets trashed there'll be others to take parts from and people will be happy to give it a flogging like vn commodores (unlike vk or vl commodores which are now preserved).
A car that can cop a beating? I gotta see that

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ

Watch Basil Fawlty beating his Morris with a tree branch. :D

EDIT … should have put in the link,,,,,

The replays of the series are now being shown (again). Made in 1975, full of ethnic stereotypes, bad language, employee abuse, political incorrectness..... bloody hilarious.

Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim

Camira !

We used to see some really trashed one of those doing the rounds, happy that they're all gone now, just like the ZB will be also.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
So with the new ZB's now coming with 7 year warranties, what happens to that warranty if Holden dies or rebrands?
The dropping price and long warranty is definitely making an RS pretty hard to beat as a commuter car, but only if the warranty still exists.......

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
If GM hang on to Holden then they'll honor it, but if they sell the brand off then who ever buys it (silly them) will have to wear it. That's just how brand ownership goes.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If GM ever decides to cut Holden from their portfolio, and the name is offered for sale, the only possible buyer I could imagine would be Chinese. Other marques, such as MG, are now in Chinese hands and being sold internationally. However, thanks purely to GM, the Holden name has virtually no cachet outside Australia and NZ. Because of this, the brand would have little appeal to prospective buyers and, hthanks to GM having thoroughly trashed the brand domestically, a Chines built "Holden" wouldn't find many buyers here, either.
I used to hope that Holden might one day become a truly Australian owned company, designing, building and exporting cars demonstrating our capacity to make cars of international standing and quality, but now I can only see the name joining Pontiac, Panhard, Edsel and a hundred others on the automotive "dead and buried" list. I think back to the great days of the late 60's when Monaros, GT's, GTR'S and Pacers gave us all such a feeling of pride and achievement to see how far our makers had come and how exciting their products were. Today's situation could never been imagined.