Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2020 Commodore

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Today's situation could never been imagined.

it's still unimaginable of how bad this has all gotten out of hand.

Sadly there's no pride at all in anything unless you've totally restored or built it yourself only.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
So if GM closes Holden (no one will buy the name) does that mean warranties are all voided?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
17o6bn.jpg

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
So if GM closes Holden (no one will buy the name) does that mean warranties are all voided?
It wouldnt matter whether they pulled out of the market altogether or simply changed over the name to Chevrolet. Consumer laws would require warranties to be honoured unless the company became insolvent. Can't see that happening to GM (yet).

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Consumer laws would require warranties to be honoured unless the company became insolvent.

If GM has no physical presence in Aus, I can't see the ACCC or anyone else being able to do anything about enforcing any warranty obligations despite what the law has to say about those obligations.

It would likely be a case of "come at us bro".....good luck with that.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If GM has no physical presence in Aus, I can't see the ACCC or anyone else being able to do anything about enforcing any warranty obligations despite what the law has to say about those obligations.

It would likely be a case of "come at us bro".....good luck with that.
I agree that their withdrawal from the Australian market would complicate matters but if the company still existed, it may have a legal. Obligation to back its products. Is it really any different to other overseas companies having to provide after sales service? It would be an interesting test case for the ACCC anyway.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
It would be an interesting test case for the ACCC anyway.

Indeed.....particuarly the large public interest factor which drives the ACCC's actions.

Mjrobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vfsv6
Hey guys , have topped my vxr up with plenty of oil , but the gauge still says oil at 0% ? Anybody know what the go is with that ? Any help appreciated

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Hey guys , have topped my vxr up with plenty of oil , but the gauge still says oil at 0% ? Anybody know what the go is with that ? Any help appreciated

I don't know about ZB, but I'd say that indicator is not oil level, nor is it necessarily a true indicator of oil condition. I'd say it's purely based on Kms and numbers of hours the engine has been running,so for example a car that is city driven should need oil change in less Kms than a car that does longer distance driving. It basically means change the oil (and reset the indicator). If the oil has been recently changed, that would suggest the condition indicator didn't get reset.

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
The screenshot below details the reset procedure I believe. I haven't tried it myself though

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191229-102112.jpg
    Screenshot_20191229-102112.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 195