Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2020 Commodore

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
I agree that their withdrawal from the Australian market would complicate matters but if the company still existed, it may have a legal. Obligation to back its products. Is it really any different to other overseas companies having to provide after sales service? It would be an interesting test case for the ACCC anyway.
At this stage I would say buying a ZB might not be worth the risk. A 7 year warranty might be meaningless at this rate.
Considering what Holden are currently like......I can only imagine how bad it would be to deal with GM with warranty issues.
Plus there's the question of service centres. How far will us non city folk have to travel for a GM approved service centre to get work done?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If Holden continues down its present path of falling sales, I can see it being extremely difficult to sell the last ZB's. When Mitsubishi folded its local operations, the 380 was a poor seller and people were reluctant to buy the last stock. However, the Mitsubishi brand was well established and the majority of its local range was already imported. If the brand Holden dies, will Australians readily accept Chevrolet or GM Australia as the replacement? If a name as iconic as Holden fails to attract buyers, will the US connection work with motorists other than performance car fans? How many here would feel confident about buying a new "Holden" next year?

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
I'll take the 2020 Corvette thanks.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
If Holden continues down its present path of falling sales, I can see it being extremely difficult to sell the last ZB's. When Mitsubishi folded its local operations, the 380 was a poor seller and people were reluctant to buy the last stock. However, the Mitsubishi brand was well established and the majority of its local range was already imported. If the brand Holden dies, will Australians readily accept Chevrolet or GM Australia as the replacement? If a name as iconic as Holden fails to attract buyers, will the US connection work with motorists other than performance car fans? How many here would feel confident about buying a new "Holden" next year?
Not me

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
If the brand Holden dies, will Australians readily accept Chevrolet or GM Australia as the replacement? If a name as iconic as Holden fails to attract buyers, will the US connection work with motorists other than performance car fans?

I'd say that the badge snobbery / cultural cringe factor which currently exists will attach itself to either of those brands.