Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2020 Holden sales result

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
R.I.P Holden. 1856-2020.

Not General Motors Holden cause fuk General Motors!

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Meh this is what happens when you try and sell Korean Daewoo crap under a good brand name.
If the innovated instead of trying to sell a brand name they would still be around.
Sad.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It also happens when decent quality parts availability goes down the dunny. Of all the cars I have owned my 94 Holden has had to be the worst car I've owned in terms of getting decent gear. If it was a 1994 Jeep I could still buy a ton of gen parts, plus stacks of aftermarket parts that are of really high quality. Yet the Big Bosses in GM didn't want our old Holden cars to be repaired for so long, so it would seem......

And then you read this... And it seems pretty much spot on....

However some dealers have told CarAdvice that Holden warranty claims are not being approved as easily as before “because GM (General Motors) has nothing to gain by doing the right thing by the customer and nothing to lose by doing the wrong thing by the customer, they’re not selling Holdens any more,” one long-standing dealer claimed.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Meh this is what happens when you try and sell Korean Daewoo crap under a good brand name.
If the innovated instead of trying to sell a brand name they would still be around.
Sad.
GM would have foisted that Daewoo crap on Holden. The thing that amazes me is that GM cant be fucked making right hand drive vehicles anymore but Holden made left hand drive vehicles to export to America!

Holden had a good product in the Commodore and Bob Lutz saw that and tried to capitalise on it with the Pontiac G8. I’ve got no doubt that if Bob Lutz was still in charge at GM the Holden factory would still be churning out Commodores for the US market and the Commodore would have become GMs worldwide premium rear wheel drive family sedan.

By the time the VF came around GM begrudgingly imported 14,000 odd VFs into the states as the Chevy SS purely to meet their contractual obligations. Every YouTube review on this car says the car was never publicised and people in the comments say they wish they knew about it when they were selling it because they would have bought one. The Chevy SS is now selling for more than the original sticker price in the states as they are highly sought after.

It seems that GM did everything possible to make Holden fail after Bob Lutz retired from GM. Its amazing that they would rather keep selling their POS front wheel drive crap boxes in the states (and die in the process) than make a decent car like the Commodore successful purely because it wasn’t made in America.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The thing is that 20 years ago, I remember GM separated from Deawoo after a big falling out, it was big news in SA. I was helping a client at Southgate Holden and he asked the manager what happened between Holden and Deawoo. Needles to say the boss said very little and the employee was told to get back to work..... I have no idea why they realigned and rebadged them under the Holden name.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
GM would have foisted that Daewoo crap on Holden. The thing that amazes me is that GM cant be fucked making right hand drive vehicles anymore but Holden made left hand drive vehicles to export to America!

Holden had a good product in the Commodore and Bob Lutz saw that and tried to capitalise on it with the Pontiac G8. I’ve got no doubt that if Bob Lutz was still in charge at GM the Holden factory would still be churning out Commodores for the US market and the Commodore would have become GMs worldwide premium rear wheel drive family sedan.

By the time the VF came around GM begrudgingly imported 14,000 odd VFs into the states as the Chevy SS purely to meet their contractual obligations. Every YouTube review on this car says the car was never publicised and people in the comments say they wish they knew about it when they were selling it because they would have bought one. The Chevy SS is now selling for more than the original sticker price in the states as they are highly sought after.

It seems that GM did everything possible to make Holden fail after Bob Lutz retired from GM. Its amazing that they would rather keep selling their POS front wheel drive crap boxes in the states (and die in the process) than make a decent car like the Commodore successful purely because it wasn’t made in America.

Yea I've seen the Chevy SS reviews.
I don't understand how GM thinks FWD cars are a good thing. You just have to look at BMW, Mecr, Toyota, Lexus, Ford and I'm sure theres other, sales. They sell a **** ton of RWD cars and I bet 90% of GM RWD buyers will switch to these brands if GM won't sell them a RWD.

Also GM ruined the Corvette. I don't even view it as one it's just a euro copy to me.