Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2020 LS1 into VL Up to date thread

JEGS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo BT1
Hi Guys,

I understand this is a old thing and many threads on it, new parts are the market its 2020.

I have a VL was 6 cylinder, i want to put a LS1 V8 with a TH400 Gearbox or maybe a T56.

Now please no "I think so" Posts, I dont want to bash the firewall

which extractors fit without bashing the firewall

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
VL LS conversion extractors, but they're the least of your problems when doing that conversion.

JEGS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo BT1
so with the rodshop extractors absolute no bashing ???

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Well, that's the point of having custom extractors, you could ask them though. Where are you getting this idea that you need to bash the firewall in? Custom exhaust is a pretty necessary step in any engine swap, otherwise people are cheaping out trying to bash stuff in to make the OE equipment work. Just never heard of this before.

The bigger problem that you will run into even with these extractors with this conversion is them fouling on the steering rack. That Rod Shop link makes a point of it.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Pacemaker are the best fit according to most of the reviews I've seen. Rod Shop can sometimes need some work to get them to fit, mainly around the steering rack intermediate shaft. I have CAE 1 3/4 tri y headers, I had to tap a few spots with a hammer to get enough clearence. Doing that doesnt make a difference to the power unless you totally flatten the pipe. No need to modify the firewall unless you're going single turbo with a decent size dump.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Pacemakers with engine mounts made to fit them...2-3 compatible brands.

4-1's may give little more power way up top but you'll happily give that up for extractors that will fit much easier.