Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2020 Vauxhall Insignia spotted testing

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I don't have any issues with the Zb, apart from it being an import. They kept the name... big deal. No probs there. Its only 4 or V6. Meh. The performance of either would suit me these days. It just doesn't suit me anymore because of age. Modern cars are too low for someone 67 years old, 190cm tall with RS knees. Ease of access is paramount. But I sometimes wonder why I haven't even been in to have a look at the dealers. I guess changing physical requirements can have a strong influence on one's interests (in more ways than one).

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Driving around with ones eyes closed, generally means you don't see them.

One that opens ones eyes does see them....
Tuckerbag did specify 2019 models - search Carsales for 2019 Commodore or Calais and your search will get 0 results. search Astra or Equinox or Acadia 2019 etc they exist, but no Commodore. I'm thinking it's either over or maybe last quarter there'll be some MY2020 cars appear. As it is can you buy a 2019 manufactured Commodore? It seems that you can't.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Remember Holden suspended importation of ZB's late last year because of slow sales and unsold stock? Possibly, no deliveries were required for the first months of this year because they are/were still working through the accumulated stock from 2018 models.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
I haven't read anywhere that manufacturing started again. There was an article a few months back where a Holden spokesperson said they were "importing" them again. (Theres a pile sitting in storage overseas) He never said the word manufacturing. Yet the bloke who wrote the article wrongly titled it that manufacturing had resumed.......obviously doesnt read his own articles or listen to the bloke he interviewed.
Probably a paid for propaganda piece to make out like things were going well.

Hence no 2019 plated Commodores. Because there's no such thing.

Last edited:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I haven't read anywhere that manufacturing started again. There was an article a few months back where a Holden spokesperson said they were "importing" them again. (Theres a pile sitting in storage overseas) He never said the word manufacturing. Yet the bloke who wrote the article wrongly titled it that manufacturing had resumed.......obviously doesnt read his own articles or listen to the bloke he interviewed.
Probably a paid for propaganda piece to make out like things were going well.

Hence no 2019 plated Commodores. Because there's no such thing.

Maybe they don't want to publicly make it known they were manufacturing and shipping them to Australia again

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Maybe they don't want to publicly make it known they were manufacturing and shipping them to Australia again
Why would they want that secret?
Do you mean so they can sell 2018 built ones that have been sitting there for 9 months first?
All new ZB's are advertised as 2018 models. If they did start manufacturing again back in February when that article said so......surely by now, some 5 months later, there would a 2019 model advertised somewhere?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
They didn't suspend manufacture of the car's completely, just those built to our specifications. The Opel, Buick, Vauxhall variants would have continued production.

TBH, in view of the large over-supply of the car's last year and the continued slow selling rate, it wouldn't surprise me if 2018 stock is still sufficient to meet demand and 2019 stock, probably ordered by now, has yet to reach our shores.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
Totally agree with @Calaber . I did a quick browse of internet sales in NZ and there are very few (I counted 3) "new" Commodores being listed with <1000km on the clock. I'd go so far as to suggest that the recent comers to the internet market are just old unsold demo's being moved around the country in the hope of flicking them off - 3 of the 5 VXR's I considered buying are still for sale.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
Video of the 2020 Insignia testing at the Nurburgring. It's been noted the test mule was powered by the GM L3B 2.7L turbo four engine.