Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

20in wheel upgrade?

bjjfighter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve sv6 thunder ute
hey guys, just wondering who took the wheel upgrade and if you went with the HF 20 or the sabres ?

also how much was the upgrade ?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
HF-20 staggered in black @ $1,500

I don't like them but I hated the stock 19's even more.

To clarify, I hate black rims and would have been happy if they came staggered in silver.

I'm swapping mind out for aftermarket rims.

bjjfighter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve sv6 thunder ute
HF-20 staggered in black @ $1,500

I don't like them but I hated the stock 19's even more.

To clarify, I hate black rims and would have been happy if they came staggered in silver.

I'm swapping mind out for aftermarket rims.

I was quoted $2200 on the HF 20's and $1500 on the sabres

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I ordered a 2016 plated car back in November and at the time the price everyone was quoting for the black staggered HF-20 rims was $1,500 including GST.

I have no idea what the Sabre are worth as I didn’t price them.

It’s possible the price has gone up and maybe some other members will say what they’ve paid to test that theory.

The 20’s are a dealer fitted option and Holden does say pricing may vary between dealers though a $700 difference seems excessive.

What model are they for as the base rims could play a part in the change over cost.

Also the 20 inch HF-20 Option is for a number finishes with black being staggered and Gunmetal, Midnight Dark Grey and Artic White only available in the 8.5 inch wide non staggered size.

Quoted from Holden’s website

HF-20 Staggered Forged Alloy Wheels - Black

Completely transform the look of your car with these staggered HF-20 black forged alloy 20 x 9" rear wheels and 20 x 8.5" fronts. Designed to enhance road holding and command attention.

* The Recommended Retail Price (RRP) for accessories and options includes GST and recommended fitting and labour costs. Actual accessory and option pricing may vary between dealers

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
HF20 are a factory option which cost $1500. If you get HF20 as dealer option, the price goes up to $2200

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
HF20 are a factory option which cost $1500. If you get HF20 as dealer option, the price goes up to $2200

In my 'New Car Contract' under the heading of 'Genuine Dealer Fitted Options' is listed 'Factory Fitted 20" Wheel 57D amount $1,363.64'.

Which says it's a factory fitted item fitted by the dealer, very confusing.

To add to that, when the car arrived I was notified of the date it would be ready and one of the things they said needed to be done was to have the wheels fitted, so I'm more confused.

If I was the OP I'd take on board what Super Coach has said and ask the dealer for a factory fitted price and see what they have to say.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Dealers sometimes try to be cheeky and push "oh that is a dealer fit option" so they can make more money out of the customer who doesnt know that factory fit is better and cheaper then dealer fit. All factory options are done at Holden Enhancement Centre. Someone said if it is a factory fit option there should be a option plate in engine bay with code

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Dealers sometimes try to be cheeky and push "oh that is a dealer fit option" so they can make more money out of the customer who doesnt know that factory fit is better and cheaper then dealer fit. All factory options are done at Holden Enhancement Centre. Someone said if it is a factory fit option there should be a option plate in engine bay with code

I’ve not paid any more than the factory fit prices and yet most of my options where fitted by the dealer.

So where is this ‘Option Plate’ in the engine bay for factory fit options?

Can someone post up a photo?

Is it like the ‘HSVi Plates’ that where fitted to the early VE’s?

I know I had my VE Calais V lowered then fitted with the HSVi optioned 20 inch Supersport rims and they were fitted by the dealer and the dealer then riveted the ‘HSVi Plate’ onto the radiator support and how do I know this, because the dealer principle where I always bought my cars is also my friend and as I’m retired I would spend a lot of time there when my cars arrived and would see the process and was also involved in the decision making of which shop would be involved if any work was to be outsourced. I also became good friends with some of the mechanics as we would go to race and track days together.

All the service personnel knew who I was when I walked in and knew I had access to the workshop floor.

Regardless of my mods if my cars failed on the track they would be taken away on the back of the dealer arranged trucks and repaired without cost to me.

I buy a lot of new cars and your description of what goes on is plausible but not necessarily the way things happen in the real world.

Seriously if you are researching your new purchase properly and you discover the difference in dealer and factory fitted costs and the dealer is not giving you the option to go the cheaper route then complains would quickly start to mount followed by consequences.

Maybe not everything is done the same as it is for those who live in Adelaide.

bibby0414

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Sportwagon
Hi All,

New to this forum (put our order in for Slipstream SSV Sportwagon)

I was quoted $2200 for HF20 Black to be fitted at the factory.

I felt at the time it was too expensive so didnt go for it.

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm

Yep. Got the HF20s at the dealer option price on my 2015 in Sept 2015.