Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

20K service?

S

stew7700

Gday, just clocked up 19000km the yesterday on way home from victoria and have a 20k service reminder up on the dash of my sv6, whats the go there i thought these things had 15k service intervals?

stew

M

mor11J

The 10K service intervals are "optional". You can put up with it or reset the reminder... I believe you set it by holding set and mode when you start the car.

B

bdcmedia

What version VZ do you have? I have an SS as its a V8 it has the 10k reminders. If you have a V6 it should always be 15k. You cant reset the reminder like the VT/VX's I think it has to be doen with the computer at Holden.

Jollygreengiant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
From what i know the V6s have an optional 7500km service, otherwise its every 12 months or 15000km. First service 3k, then 15k, then 30k might be the reminder for 22500km service. not sure but

S

stew7700

thanks for the replys guys. I have an sv6. i think i read somewhere that some of the v6's accidently got programmed with the v8 software in the dash. Possibility?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
stew7700 said:
thanks for the replys guys. I have an sv6. i think i read somewhere that some of the v6's accidently got programmed with the v8 software in the dash. Possibility?
yes this is true

Rob

old mans ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Possible or true

Doctor Bob said:
yes this is true

Rob

Do you believe that it is possible or that it is true. From my experience GMs chip programming expertise and software was more than likely learned in the SMITHS CHIP factory.

I'm sure you have seen my rather itrate posts re the fuel gauge issues and it still seems that GM can't even get its dealers to tell the same story.

C

commodore_vy

had that problem 6 000kms ago......

was a software bug......a new release is out to fix it

kelleyag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe
mor11J said:
The 10K service intervals are "optional". You can put up with it or reset the reminder... I believe you set it by holding set and mode when you start the car.
can you explain how to set the computer