Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

20x10 all round, no rolling and stock height

Acca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss
Hi all. First time posting here. I brought my first ever commodore two weeks before we went into stage 1 lockdown in Vic lol! A stock 2014 VF SS. I have been able to drive around during lockdown because, of work which is great!

So I've gone through the forums looking for this info. But I just need something definitive. I'd like a 20x10 square setup at stock height and no rolling of the guards. Ideally I'd like to get the meatiest tyres I could because I Love the chonky look. And I'd like it to fill out as much of the guard as I could without scrubbing.
So any help is appreciated. Thankyou..

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
that should be doable,
offset and camber will obviously play a big part in it

at least you dont have brembos to worry about

by meatiest im assuming width, which id suggest you would be looking at 285 or 295? for a 10" rim.
otherwise you would be going smaller diameter, with larger side wall

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If at all possible, I would recommend seeing what the car drives like with the 285mm or 295mm wide tyres at the front, before paying your hard-earned. Holden & HSV will both have almost certainly avoided going that wide at the front due to tramlining; whether that bothers you or not is up to personal taste.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Hi all. First time posting here. I brought my first ever commodore two weeks before we went into stage 1 lockdown in Vic lol! A stock 2014 VF SS. I have been able to drive around during lockdown because, of work which is great!

So I've gone through the forums looking for this info. But I just need something definitive. I'd like a 20x10 square setup at stock height and no rolling of the guards. Ideally I'd like to get the meatiest tyres I could because I Love the chonky look. And I'd like it to fill out as much of the guard as I could without scrubbing.
So any help is appreciated. Thankyou..
Stock height with 20x10s is going to look pretty bad imo, but if that's what you want your looking at 40p to 45p offset all round with 285/30
Is there a photo of the look your going for and maybe can see what your after?

Acca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss
Stock height with 20x10s is going to look pretty bad imo, but if that's what you want your looking at 40p to 45p offset all round with 285/30
Is there a photo of the look your going for and maybe can see what your after?
Hey, this is what id be going for:
01- 1LE replicas.jpg
03- 1LE MRR replica MO17 .JPG

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
285s on the front with (-)tive offset will look good. But that setup will also bring in:
  • tram-lining
  • scrubbing issues
  • heavy steering

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You can go 25mm wider at the front as long as you even it out with offset. so 12.5mm a side and you'll still be legal and have no steering issues. It's illegal to go over 25mm total track width increase. If you stretch you can sneak in some more rim width too.