Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

21st century here I come

profat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic model
Greetings and salutations fellow forumers.

As the title suggests I'm trying hard to embrace this technology crap in my car.

I am obtaining a tablet with an Android OS and say an app that allows you get your cars data uplinked to the tablet( forgive if I make this sound dumb) so you can see real time information....

Do any of you tech savvy young guns or gunettes have anything like this installed and if so what else do I need to get it to run on my old VT..Is it a viable option.... I can fly a pc well enough but this is beyond my scope and I was told by a fellow member to learn more I might enjoy it .

any assistance would be helpful...let the sledging and helpful advice begin...

PS; to the ever vigilant mods if I have posted this in the wrong area please forgive and reassign it to an appropriate thread

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
why didn't I get myself a windows based tablet.... that my friend, is the first question to ask yourself.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
There are plenty of apps that can do it for the V8 (I know VX-VF works, I'd assume the VT LS1 is the same) model if that's what you have, you'll need a bluetooth OBD2 dongle, along with an app such as torque pro.

profat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic model
why didn't I get myself a windows based tablet.... that my friend, is the first question to ask yourself.

cost being the governing factor kiwicon..I do have a windows lap top and a cert 3 in it but the car technology scares me

profat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic model
There are plenty of apps that can do it for the V8 (I know VX-VF works, I'd assume the VT LS1 is the same) model if that's what you have, you'll need a bluetooth OBD2 dongle, along with an app such as torque pro.

No Husky just a scummy 3.8 v6 but I think that obd2 thingy might work too.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you need a red devel river bluetooth aldl cable and aldl droid off play store not free and not tested on vt yet but it uses tunerpro adx files same as when using a laptop with tunerpro.or if you have a way to get usb into the android you can use one of VL400's aldl cables off pcmhacking.net

profat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic model
you need a red devel river bluetooth aldl cable and aldl droid off play store not free and not tested on vt yet but it uses tunerpro adx files same as when using a laptop with tunerpro.or if you have a way to get usb into the android you can use one of VL400's aldl cables off pcmhacking.net

cheers Delco its all new to me not wanting to alter anything even if I knew what I was doing but will seekout your suggestions