Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

22" wheels and the front end?

silver_bullet

Now Genesis Blue Bullet
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore S
gday guys, ok my brother has a ve ssv ute. he has recently put 22" gts lookalikes on it with 245/30r22 on front and 255/30r22 on back. now his problem is when u look at the bottom of the spring plate its about 3-5mm off the tyre on the front, when u do 100k"s or more the tyre must expand and rub on the spring plate slightly(which will wear in with time). he took it to holden for a wheel alignment because of a misaggrement he had with a gutter and they told him he needs adjustable suspension struts on the front end, i told him to ignore them and go somewhere else. seeing that i trust you guys more then holden, can someone please tell me they are trying to blow smoke up his ass. i see plenty of ve's with 22" and surely they havent all put adjustable suspension under theres. cheers guys.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Has the car been lowered?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
22inch rims @ 245 width... damn... he could get away maybe if he went for a 235 tyre?

silver_bullet

Now Genesis Blue Bullet
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore S
he bought them from tempe tyres in sydney. they assured him they would fit.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
if they assured him that thy would fit, they have to fix the problem...

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Take it back to Tempe tyres & tell em to fix it.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
he bought them from tempe tyres in sydney. they assured him they would fit.
Tempe won't care.. they are salesmen not mechanics. I sent a rim back to the because it was pourus (air was seeping through the rim) and they had NFI what I was talking about.

dakman

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute 22's lowered hardlid
hey mate ive got a ve ute on 22's and i have 245/30/22 on them and they fit by a bees dick, but they didnt hit the strut top when i got them put on, recently got the car lowered on pedders sports ryderz and noticed the strut top had been bent up a little bit, (must be from as you said tyre expanding when hot) it never made a noise and i never noticed it until i took the rims off to get the car lowered. so you could hit it with a hammer and bend it up a little bit? or just dont worry about it. also you have to watch out if you get the car lowered because the wheels are so big they slightly rub on the inner guard at full lock, just because they are so BIG! its just what you have to do lol doesnt matter if you put coilovers in the tyres will still rub on full lock when been lowered but this will solve your clearance problem from your strut top.

dakman

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute 22's lowered hardlid
Tempe won't care.. they are salesmen not mechanics. I sent a rim back to the because it was pourus (air was seeping through the rim) and they had NFI what I was talking about.

your deadset right. they sell rims and alot of them lol, doesnt bother them if they rub and what not.