Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

22s, super super low in the back super low in the front

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
O/P Don't bother asking for opinions on wheres and tyres here, all you'll get is "no bigger than 17's look any good on a commodore..."

Umm.... care to find a post (other than your own) where anyone has ever said that?
That's ok.... I'll wait here while you search. Lemme know how you go with that :).

OP asked if 22's will ruin his car. All we are doing is responding to that with a big fat 'affirmative', because its not a great idea to drive around on Australian Roads with short arse springs and wheels so thin you could use them on trains. Just asking for trouble.
But hey, knock yourself out.... which will probably happen anyway due to the jarring vibrations your body will suffer anyway because of the bling bling 22's and shocks hitting bump stops even when hitting the little cats eyes in the middle of the road ;).

maka5

-=U=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS M6
22" not a good idea... good luck with the pot holes fella :)

just my $0.02-

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Umm.... care to find a post (other than your own) where anyone has ever said that?
That's ok.... I'll wait here while you search. Lemme know how you go with that :).

OP asked if 22's will ruin his car. All we are doing is responding to that with a big fat 'affirmative', because its not a great idea to drive around on Australian Roads with short arse springs and wheels so thin you could use them on trains. Just asking for trouble.
But hey, knock yourself out.... which will probably happen anyway due to the jarring vibrations your body will suffer anyway because of the bling bling 22's and shocks hitting bump stops even when hitting the little cats eyes in the middle of the road ;).

So, where have I said that? (Other than my post just before saying thats the type of attitude around here?)

And ahh, you'll be waiting a while...

So, going by your reasoning as to why they would be a "bad idea" and "ruin" the O/P's car;

Because its not a great idea to drive around on Australian Roads with short arse springs and wheels so thin you could use them on trains

First of all lmao. You do know trains run steel wheels, no rubber? (just checking...)
The profile needed to run 22's on a VE, is the same to run 20's on anything VT-VZ.

So, by that reasoning, your opinion is 20's on anything pre -VE is a bad idea, and will ruin your car?? Which is an utter load of B/S. I have had 20's on my car for well over 4 years, with nothing more than routine maintenence being needed to keep it on the road.

SSL and SL in anything is hardly "ground breakingly low" theres thousands of people doing it daily all with working cars, not ruined, not destroyed by the aliens, perfectly fine.

Give all the poorly researched opinions you like. With words like "bling bling" in your post you kind of lose all credibility.

And, seriously, hitting bumpstops when you hit catseyes in the middle of the road? (on SSL and SL??) Get off the crack buddy.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
I agree with zeussy 22's look awesome on VE's an sl an ssl are the norm these days, that being said i wouldnt go 22's with lowered suspension your back will hate you so will your wallet come time to buy new tyres. 20's is where its at.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
So, where have I said that? (Other than my post just before saying thats the type of attitude around here?)

And ahh, you'll be waiting a while...

So, going by your reasoning as to why they would be a "bad idea" and "ruin" the O/P's car;

First of all lmao. You do know trains run steel wheels, no rubber? (just checking...)
The profile needed to run 22's on a VE, is the same to run 20's on anything VT-VZ.

So, by that reasoning, your opinion is 20's on anything pre -VE is a bad idea, and will ruin your car?? Which is an utter load of B/S. I have had 20's on my car for well over 4 years, with nothing more than routine maintenence being needed to keep it on the road.

SSL and SL in anything is hardly "ground breakingly low" theres thousands of people doing it daily all with working cars, not ruined, not destroyed by the aliens, perfectly fine.

Give all the poorly researched opinions you like. With words like "bling bling" in your post you kind of lose all credibility.

And, seriously, hitting bumpstops when you hit catseyes in the middle of the road? (on SSL and SL??) Get off the crack buddy.

Holy crap.
Seriously.

You've taken everything I've said as serious fact instead of sarcastic comments.... lighten up mate!

Your reasoning is completely flawed, and youre putting words and conclusions into my mouth that have absolutely no relevance whatsoever.
I've said 22's on a VE is a bad idea, and you've somehow concluded that this automatically means I think larger wheels on completely different cars is also bad... and THEN called your own conclusions B/S to support your own silly arguement?!?!
Get off the meth buddy :).

And yes I know train wheels are metal.... IT WAS A JOKE. But thanks for pointing out that I cant use 22's on trains.
And yes I know hitting bumpstops from driving over catseyes is rediculous.... IT WAS ALSO A JOKE.
My credibility is completely fine dude... its your understanding of sarcasism that's amiss here.

I can see you posted at 8am this morning. Maybe next time have a cup of coffee and wake up first before having a rant at someone :).

And just so you know for future reference, I dont take myself anywhere near as seriously as you think I do. I think 22's are crap on VE's.... you dont. Big deal.
Build a bridge and get over it. No need to get your panties in a twist trying to imagine arguements and conclusions that arent there.

And yes.... I consider 22's "bling bling".... because anything about 1" over stock (as in 19" is available stock on tyre placcard, so 20" is fine and legal) does nothing for performance.... it actually does the opposite. Therefore "bling bling" = show.
It's got nothing to do with "poor research". Facts are facts.

I'll get back in my box now ;).

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Holy crap.
Seriously.

You've taken everything I've said as serious fact instead of sarcastic comments.... lighten up mate!

Your reasoning is completely flawed, and youre putting words and conclusions into my mouth that have absolutely no relevance whatsoever.
I've said 22's on a VE is a bad idea, and you've somehow concluded that this automatically means I think larger wheels on completely different cars is also bad... and THEN called your own conclusions B/S to support your own silly arguement?!?!
Get off the meth buddy :).

Ahhh, so you're joking now?

That would've been fine, if thats what you'd said; But clearly, you wrote

its not a great idea to drive around on Australian Roads with short arse springs and wheels so thin you could use them on trains. Just asking for trouble.

Clearly, not just talking about VE's, moreso "short arse springs and wheels so thin you could use them on trains..."

Thats a pretty general statement. So, if you can follow this train of thought (hope its not too complex for you..)

"wheels so thin" = 30 series profile = the same as on 20's on earlier/pre VE commodores = "wheels so thin" see the relevance?

Thats what you said, so your words, not mine.

Or, are you saying its ok to put bigger wheels on other cars, just not VE's? Are they some how weaker than their predecessors? Or, were you still being sarcastic?

Nice original "drug reference" too hey :thumbsup:

And yes I know train wheels are metal.... IT WAS A JOKE. But thanks for pointing out that I cant use 22's on trains.

If you couldn't see that was sarcasm, then clearly you need a lesson in online sarcasm.

And yes I know hitting bumpstops from driving over catseyes is rediculous.... IT WAS ALSO A JOKE.
My credibility is completely fine dude... its your understanding of sarcasism that's amiss here.

I can see you posted at 8am this morning. Maybe next time have a cup of coffee and wake up first before having a rant at someone :).

And just so you know for future reference, I dont take myself anywhere near as seriously as you think I do. I think 22's are crap on VE's.... you dont. Big deal.
Build a bridge and get over it. No need to get your panties in a twist trying to imagine arguements and conclusions that arent there.

Ahh, thanks for the tip, although, I can already see you're a real 'fun guy.'
FYI, I wasn't wearing pants when I wrote that post ;)

And yes.... I consider 22's "bling bling".... because anything about 1" over stock (as in 19" is available stock on tyre placcard, so 20" is fine and legal) does nothing for performance.... it actually does the opposite. Therefore "bling bling" = show.

LOL, I see you were being funny again right?

It's got nothing to do with "poor research". Facts are facts.

I'll get back in my box now ;).

So, your facts are where?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
crikey! this is getting a bit touchy.

Taking the like/don't like argument out of the equation, 22s on a VE are illegal - which is (or should be) end of story - unless it's a show car or similar and doesn't need to be registered or driven on public roads (in which case I think they look crap - however I'm assuming the OP isn't building a show car)

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
:blah blah:.... I didnt even bother reading your post. Lets just agree to disagree, I aint wasting another second typing a response- because you obviously arent listening. Cheers anyway for the 'interesting' thoughts on the matter.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
crikey! this is getting a bit touchy.

Taking the like/don't like argument out of the equation, 22s on a VE are illegal - which is (or should be) end of story - unless it's a show car or similar and doesn't need to be registered or driven on public roads (in which case I think they look crap - however I'm assuming the OP isn't building a show car)

Well the w427 came optioned with 22" rims an i thought so did the ve gts???