Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

22s, super super low in the back super low in the front

beau_naulu

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 sv6 ve
what are my options and will i end up just ruining my car

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
another vote for 22's being too much.... plus no doubt unroadworthy.

do a search on lowering to give pictures/examples of ride heights.... super super lows are waaaayyyyy too low.
i got no problems with reverse rake however, because if you have a wagon you do actually need to come down a tad lower on the rear to balance things out.

but 20's are plenty mate, seriously.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
22's look sweet on VE's :D

With the big wheel arches they need a big wheel to fill out the guards. :thumbsup: And they need to be LOW as... Height should be sweet ;)

O/P Don't bother asking for opinions on wheres and tyres here, all you'll get is "no bigger than 17's look any good on a commodore..."

Do what you want! Look around you, there heaps of VE's running around with 22's. Maybe P/M some of the members on here with VE's and 22's ask for their first hand opinions?

woodys90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Hey mate I have 20's on mine with stock suspension....but that's just my personal preference

Iv also always thought that lowering a car with just a set of springs is a good way to guarantee serious problems with other components in the suspension/drive-train in the future. If a car was meant to be that low it would have come that way....my 20's don't fill the wheel arches and therefore don't look fully sick, but i never have to worry about speed bumps or hitting pot holes and destroying my wheels
Only my opinion but, and im in no way an expert :D