Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

230W SSV/CalaisV Headunit to SV6

SV6Sean

Reaction score
Website
www.virginblue.com.au
Members Ride
VE Ignition SV6 Manual HSVi Perf Pack
Hey guys,

Not sure if this will be answered here but open to peoples thoughts on this matter.

I have been looking around the net along with dealers and have found that I can get the head unit that’s used in the SSV's and Calais V vehicles and replace by head unit in the SV6 which I do not like.

I think all would agree when comparing say the head unit in the VE SS to the head unit in the VE SSV and that colour screen is goodness. I do realise that the unit houses the Climate control which isn’t available to the SS nor SV6.

I can obtain the head unit which is fine, just wondering what else is needed mechanical wise to make it happen. Not sure if anyone will be able to help but thought I would post it up to let others know my idea. :dance: :dance:

Cheers

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
not sure if anyone has pulled one apart yet carnt realy help ya sorry mate.

SV6Sean

Reaction score
Website
www.virginblue.com.au
Members Ride
Yeah thats what i was afraid of :(

Not sure if its like the fords and is the heart of the car and won't work if you swap it out with another one....

Damnit :(

Kevhaze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 6sp Manual
i dont think it will work cause i was thinking of doing the same as i work at a holden dealership i printed out the wiring specs comparing the climate control in a sv6 with the one in a ssv and u would have to change alot to get it to work but dont quote me on that cause all i wanted was the sports dials ( Oil & Volts ) which i did get dam i good with the tech 2 lol soz i cant help mate

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
Alpine do make Vehicle Hub solutions for a number of cars, such as the BA/BF Falcon. I've heard rumours that they are currently working on units for the VE, not sure how long you'll have to wait. This is from the Alpine website;

Vehicle Specific Solutions

The VehicleHub Pro and VehicleHub are only as strong as the Audio Visual interfaces that allow the use of the factory-installed equipment. Together with its partner NAV-TV in the UK, Alpine offers a wide range of applications for European and Japanese vehicles.

Vehicle Specific Solutions are available for the following manufacturers;

Audi, BMW, Ford, Honda, Jaguar, Lexus, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Nissan, Porsche, Range Rover, Landrover, Toyota, Volvo and Volkswagen.

Using a recommended vehicle specific adapter offers quality input of video sources and RGB input for ultra-clear display of Navigation maps to the factory screen.The range of available vehicle specific applications is continually expanding.

Interface solutions for locally manufactured vehicles have also been recently released and other vehicles are continually under development. Right now, applications for the Australian Ford BA/BF Falcon and Territory premium sound system are available.

To find out compatibility with your vehicle download the Vehicle Specific Solutions chart.

Have a look at the website for more info... http://www.alpine.com.au/

SV6Sean

Reaction score
Website
www.virginblue.com.au
Members Ride
Thanks for the comments guys,

I believe there would be a bit to change/add to get it to work, and I have looked at the vehicle hub by Alpine but for me the swap in headunit would be better I think.

camo900

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
did you endup getting it done??????? was it hard to find someone to do it ????

[QW-11-KE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
E CLUBSPORT R8
i also rang holden today same answer... cannot be done....climate control problem

[QW-11-KE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
E CLUBSPORT R8
but thats in freakin melbourne..... sydneys **** when it comes to holden mods... most of the places r in melbourne n wa