Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

24 Hours Notify Dealer of Any Paint Defect?

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Has anyone heard of this ? This is what the Dealer Principal of my local Holden Dealership is trying to tell me (not the selling dealer) it appears now it's got to be approved by the "area manager" Who then liaises with Holden HQ. Seems to become a major drama if you don't deal with the selling dealer directly. In my case I can't get to selling dealer during the working week and they won't look at this on a Saturday. They don't do any warranty work then!!! If you have any paint defect, go over your new vehicle with a fine tooth comb within 24 hours of taking delivery otherwise it will be a PITA !!!!!:rant: Appear "service advisors" cannot make any decision regarding warranty at any Holden dealership. They are not empowered or have any autonomy.

OH yes I took it to their independent smash repairer at their request who confirmed this is a paint defect due during manufacturing but it appears that isn't good enough for Holden Dealership. Digital photos taken. They want you to jump through hoops and inconvenience you further. :rant:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I wouldnt expect a car that's been driven away from the dealership and weeks later a "defect" in the paintwork to be a simple task.
Anything could happen to a car in that time and people lie about the origin of damage all the time.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
I wouldnt expect a car that's been driven away from the dealership and weeks later a "defect" in the paintwork to be a simple task.
Anything could happen to a car in that time and people lie about the origin of damage all the time.

read my post please again maybe you didn't see it after I finished. It has been inspected by their nominated smash repairer who confirms this is not "customer negligence or damage" it is a paint defect during manufacturing (spray painting) thanks

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Has anyone heard of this ? This is what the Dealer Principal of my local Holden Dealership is trying to tell me (not the selling dealer) it appears now it's got to be approved by the "area manager" Who then liaises with Holden HQ. Seems to become a major drama if you don't deal with the selling dealer directly. In my case I can't get to selling dealer during the working week and they won't look at this on a Saturday. They don't do any warranty work then!!! If you have any paint defect, go over your new vehicle with a fine tooth comb within 24 hours of taking delivery otherwise it will be a PITA !!!!!:rant: Appear "service advisers" cannot make any decision regarding warranty at any Holden dealership. They are not empowered or have any autonomy.

OH yes I took it to their independent smash repairer at their request who confirmed this is a paint defect due during manufacturing but it appears that isn't good enough for Holden Dealership. Digital photos taken. They want you to jump through hoops and inconvenience you further. :rant:

Wrong. You always go over the car thoroughly before you hand over the balance owing, complete the contract and taking delivery. Checking for paint faults or any minor damage to the body work like small dents is critical and is easy to do. Yes it takes time to do this thoroughly both outside and inside the car but when you are paying over 40000 with on the road costs for a typical new VF you have to protect your position. You are in a much better negotiating position with the dealer when you find fault with the vehicle before delivery is completed and before you have accepted the car.

If not offered to you, obviously you always insist on examining the car before making payment and completing the contract. The normal procedure is for the sales rep to allow you to examine the car before making payment and accepting delivery.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
My local Holden dealer is going to fix it this Saturday in any case so I am happy. It's impossible to see every minor defect glad you are such a perfectionist. My car was pre-paid before I saw it. It was settled by my Novated Lease company. The contract was not with the dealer. The scenario you are painting (excuse the pun) has no relevance in my case.

cfour

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coming Soon
glad to hear your getting it fixed mate!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Lease companies have more swing with Dealers than a lone customer would because they tend to bully dealers.