Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

$2400 Setup A Good Price????????

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
^
Thats pricey as! $2.2k for extractors and high flows! ****..

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yeh iv been quoted up to $2,800 for full exhaust but depends on brand, etc. plus they quote 4 hours labour alone for fitting the headers depending where you go, know a guy who worked at an exhaust place for a bit and told me that's why they can be expensive for headers and hi-flow cats alone.

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
It all depends on the quality of the system you want ie noise/drone etc.

Who is the place doing the tune?

As anyone who has had tunes done before, you will get the best tune from someone who has done HEAPS of tunes on your exact make/engine and mod combination etc. They always know the little tips and tricks to get them to make more power safer.

I had mine on the freeway today, and was using 8.9l/100kms @ 100kph for a three hour trip:yeah:

lukeyVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Executive 2
I got a bit slugged i think :cry: $2050 for pacemakers, twin highflow magnaflow cats into 1 manta muffler then into another, 2 1/2 mild steel single system, guess labour is why it was a bit pricey? Then again it sounds almost like a v8 in the 3-4k rpm with ZERO drone, and its no doubt got the best note ive heard coming out of V6.