Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

241Kw V6 Camaro

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
It will most likely be the same as the current Camaro Alloytecs, if not abit better all round. I can't see GM changing it too much specially when their competitor Ford with the Duratec operates in almost exactly the same manner.

yeah that's a shame Ford is going the same way.
I've driven both the SIDI Commodore and the I6 4L Falcon and the Falcon just feels so much stronger across the range - power deliverly is much more like a V8. The V6 will definitely get up and go if you dig the foot in and unleash the revs, but after driving V8's for most of my driving life, I am used to good power delivery down low.

I would prefer to see GM up the capacity of the V6 to maybe 4L, maintain similar power levels, but increase torque and widen the power range. But as you say it will never happen.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Whats silly is, with a a slightly larger motor and better mid range torque. The engine could be even more efficient if mated with the correct final drive.

(Which in all honesty I don't think any recent Commodore has been)

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
yeah that's a shame Ford is going the same way.
I've driven both the SIDI Commodore and the I6 4L Falcon and the Falcon just feels so much stronger across the range - power deliverly is much more like a V8. The V6 will definitely get up and go if you dig the foot in and unleash the revs, but after driving V8's for most of my driving life, I am used to good power delivery down low.

I would prefer to see GM up the capacity of the V6 to maybe 4L, maintain similar power levels, but increase torque and widen the power range. But as you say it will never happen.

That would be an alright idea, would be interesting to see what power levels could be had. Would use quite abit more fuel I imagine (which is why people buy NA V6's) I think theirs more of a chance of a twin turbo SIDI though, specially if it returned better torque then a V8, maybe not here but in the states definetly. And I know what you mean with the downlow power delivery.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
More displacement doesn't immediatly mean more fuel usage. It all comes down to where the peak torque is made and where the car spends most of its life RPM wise.
If you can get the car to cruise right smack bang in the middle of its peak torque then it will be its most efficient at that point.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
That would be an alright idea, would be interesting to see what power levels could be had. Would use quite abit more fuel I imagine (which is why people buy NA V6's) I think theirs more of a chance of a twin turbo SIDI though, specially if it returned better torque then a V8, maybe not here but in the states definetly. And I know what you mean with the downlow power delivery.

the words "twin turbo" and "united states" shouldnt ever be used in the same sentance. they are not fans of of turbos, they never have been anyway. which is why the evo's up to evo 7 never made it there, the 200sx, S15 silvia and 180 sx became a NA 2.4ltr called the 240sx and the GTR's never made it there. the consumers just did not want turbo cars, and with LA smog laws they rarely passed anyway.

the chances of GM launching a TT V6 are less than slim to none.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
the words "twin turbo" and "united states" shouldnt ever be used in the same sentance. they are not fans of of turbos, they never have been anyway. which is why the evo's up to evo 7 never made it there, the 200sx, S15 silvia and 180 sx became a NA 2.4ltr called the 240sx and the GTR's never made it there. the consumers just did not want turbo cars, and with LA smog laws they rarely passed anyway.

the chances of GM launching a TT V6 are less than slim to none.

How long ago was that now? Consumer markets do not stay static, and with the all the fuel eco and emissions **** thats going on lately turbo cars are going to only get more popular.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
At the time I think they were fairly popular.
The thing with Forced induction, is it allowes more then 100% Volumetric efficiency. Which from a performance and emmisions standpoint is a very good thing.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
^^ Well obviously not in America. Which is the domestic market I was talking about.