Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

241Kw V6 Camaro

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Head on over to LS1.com.au and tell all them blokes they have no idea.

pretty sure you misunderstood me completely... if the dealer can tell someone that their engine has 210 kw and that person goes away and sees an old v8 that only had 200kw they assume they're car is going to be faster... peak power isnt going to win you races when its only 10kws difference and the other car has more power and torque through the rev range

but how many people who buy cars look at its power and torque curve?? i personally havent meet any... so as long as car manufacturers can sell cars based of peak power most people will believe them

Im not trying to say a v6 can beat a v8 at all... what im saying is that all car dealers have to do is mention the peak power of 2 enignes and as long as the people they're talking to have no idea about enignes its an easy sell... also how many car adverts that mention the peak power mention the revs at which it was measured?? none that i know of

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
So your saying out of everyone you know/met whatever not one of them knows their cars power and torque curves? You need to get out more.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
So your saying out of everyone you know/met whatever not one of them knows their cars power and torque curves? You need to get out more.

About what I was getting at.
Broad general statements are stupid. Especially when coupled with an ill informed opinion.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
So your saying out of everyone you know/met whatever not one of them knows their cars power and torque curves? You need to get out more
yes maybe three or four do... the only ones who do are those who have an interest in cars
however how many people buying cars have enough interest to look at its power and torque curve?? in case you didnt realise most people dont care about it they only care about feul, how the car looks and how it drives
and even if they did look at it how are they going to know whether its good or bad without having a good background knowledge of cars??? maybe if you realised that not everyone has the same interest in cars as you you would understand my point

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
I'am ignorant go the v8

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Personally - sixes suck less fuel, have less weight and a are FAR more common than 8's. That being common thing means a greater availability of parts, especially aftermarket stuff.

These are the main reason i drive sixes over 8's.

yes ultimatley 8's can make more power and torque, but put a six and 8 of identical outputs on the same race track, and the 6 will win every time due to less weight and better weight distribution.

It's certainly easy enough to get decent outputs out of a 6. 250kW at the wheels in't uncommon and for just a 6kish spend.

Add to that the lower serviceing costs, just about free spare parts and I happy with a six.

VEV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina 6L
Personally I see Camaros as old muscle. Even the dash is portrayed as such. 6cyls in these is almost sacrilege. Much the same as Holden rebirthing Monaros with a 6cyl. It just shouldn't be. IMHO

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Personally I see Camaros as old muscle. Even the dash is portrayed as such. 6cyls in these is almost sacrilege. Much the same as Holden rebirthing Monaros with a 6cyl. It just shouldn't be. IMHO

have to agree with you... some cars just have too much background to have a v6
bit like tokyo drift where they put the skyline engine in the mustang :(

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
and a are FAR more common than 8's. That being common thing means a greater availability of parts, especially aftermarket stuff.

mate, you have never played with a small block chev then? AFAIK they are the most produced engine block in the world. and summit racing would kill any price on any parts you would get for your V6.

yes ultimatley 8's can make more power and torque, but put a six and 8 of identical outputs on the same race track, and the 6 will win every time due to less weight and better weight distribution.

LOLLLLL BUUUUULLLL SHHHHHHIIIIITTTTT. watch this:

and explain to me why i cant see any of the 6's in that vid. im pretty sure there were quite a few at the start.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
yes ultimatley 8's can make more power and torque, but put a six and 8 of identical outputs on the same race track, and the 6 will win every time due to less weight and better weight distribution

lol ari666 i think you missed the biggest flaw in that whole point... why would you make a v6 with the same output of a v8?? number 1 without some form of boost its highly unlikely to happen (and no im not a v8 owner its just common sense). number 2 the amount of money spent getting the v6 to that point will make a production car (especially for holden) really expensive and more than likely highly unlikely without years of research. unless your saying they should build a v8 to get the power of a v6 which would mean it would probably have a much smaller displacement that the v6 and would be retarded

the whole reason v8s were invented were to make getting larger power figures easier... more power and more reliable
also that a car with a higher power to weight ratio is going to win around a track might be true but thats common sense