Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

241Kw V6 Camaro

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
actually, i believe that the reason for adding cylinders was to smoothen out the ride.

dont get me wrong, my fav car of all time is a RS 911 porsche, a close second is a R32 GTR, so i am not a through-and-through V8 head. but to say "if a V8 and a V6 had the same power and were to race, then V6 would win cos' of the weight and distribution" is just a bunch of horse manure.

VEV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina 6L
LOLLLLL BUUUUULLLL SHHHHHHIIIIITTTTT.

*VID*

and explain to me why i cant see any of the 6's in that vid. im pretty sure there were quite a few at the start.

Assuming Tsunamix was comparing apples with apples, it isn't bullsh!t at all and the Falcon is the best example to explain that. An XR8 producing 260kw is 120kg(ish) heavier that a XR6T producing 245kw. Now boost the XR6 by just +5psi and it produces exactly the same power and torque as the V8. Now do 10 laps with same driver around any race track (tight or open) and only a complete idiot would put his money on the V8 to do a better overall time.

And just to answer your question with another question. Those 6's you were "pretty sure" were at the start, were they the same power to weight as the Holdens in the vid? You don't know and neither do I. In addition to that, driver ability. Many factors come into play moreover than just being a V8.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
full car listing here: 2003 Bathurst 24 Hour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

its not just about power and weight. so take this:
ferrari-enzo-2.jpg

485KW enzo weighing in at 1365

now we are gonna do the opposite theory here. lets ADD more power to a car to make it even:
Toyota-MR2-Red-Modified-Chrome-Wheels-400.jpg

1179KG's so a feather weight compared. so now that it has its new power of 485KW's and is lighter than the enzo. you gonna bet your money on this one to win 50 laps of phillip island? i doubt it.

VEV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina 6L
full car listing here: 2003 Bathurst 24 Hour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

its not just about power and weight. so take this:
*IMAGE*
485KW enzo weighing in at 1365

now we are gonna do the opposite theory here. lets ADD more power to a car to make it even:
*IMAGE*
1179KG's so a feather weight compared. so now that it has its new power of 485KW's and is lighter than the enzo. you gonna bet your money on this one to win 50 laps of phillip island? i doubt it.

Apples with apples! You forgot that (most important) part of my post. The only thing the 2 cars in your post share is that they're both red. Even if the Enzo had maginally less power, it would still win. Look at the wheel track, braking and aeros etc. They're a race car come road car. Not the other way round. Thats why I compared the Falcon XR6T & XR8. Exactly the same car except for the drivetrain.

PS: By the way. Thankyou for that link. It was interesting

Last edited:

VEV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina 6L
the vid is the main reason i have 2 V8's now :p

And 1 very nice one there too by the look of your avatar. You bastard :) I've always liked the Mustangs old & new. Except the fox body of the early 80's. It was like "rap" is to music. It just lost its way.