Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

245/350/20 tyres???

Heath17

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Hi All,

I have recently bought a VE SSV Ute and I want to get a set of 20" Supersports although I don't know a lot about tyres. The original bridgestones are very expensive and I am just wondering what other options are out there that are safe and will last.

Can anyone help me out?

Cheers
Heath

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
It should be the best tyres you can afford, but nothing like triangles or nexens - basically if you haven't heard of it stay away from it

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
I hear ya re the Bridgestones. A great tyre but pricey especially when wanting 20's.

If you can afford the $$, check out the Yokohama Advan's.....A slightly softer rubber, but damn good to drive on.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Second set of Achilles, not a bad tyre for the price. Not so good in the wet, lasted 40,000km's

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
Sonar 245/35/20 95y I paid $180 each fitted they are really good , got 60 thou out of the Bridgestone but too dear, Kumho Ku 31 $310 each got 40 thou can be a bit noisy if you do not rotate, Sonars are just as good or if not better then the other two brands. Looks like I will get something like 60 - 70 thou out of them , Kumho and Sonar are predictable about the same. the Bridgestone do hang on very well. It is a hard choice there are a lot of options and the Dollars vary so much.