Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

247kw? expected or what??

Shauno-81

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.0L VE Calais-V.
@lowandslow, I don't think they're a wank at all.. For those of us that don't run it down the track it's handy to know what it's got. Speaking of which, mine was dyno'd before I brought it, it's had tune, exhausts and cai. This is it anyways if anyone can tell me if this is reasonable for those mods for a 6.0 Calais. I think it's around 250rwkw but if anyone wants to correct me feel free.. Cheers guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shauno-81

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.0L VE Calais-V.
eha7ada2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
@lowandslow, I don't think they're a wank at all.. For those of us that don't run it down the track it's handy to know what it's got. Speaking of which, mine was dyno'd before I brought it, it's had tune, exhausts and cai. This is it anyways if anyone can tell me if this is reasonable for those mods for a 6.0 Calais. I think it's around 250rwkw but if anyone wants to correct me feel free.. Cheers guys

It's not a wank and very handy as a very rough yardstick for your car. Just keep in mind that the readings can (and do) vary from dyno to dyno, the operator, the weather and even how the car is strapped down makes a difference. Readings can vary quite substantially.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Why do some shops do dyno print outs with kmph instead of rpm? Whats use is that information?
My dyno dynamics print outs in the last year or 2 have always had rwkw, rpm and flywheel torque ign Nm.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Why do some shops do dyno print outs with kmph instead of rpm? Whats use is that information?
My dyno dynamics print outs in the last year or 2 have always had rwkw, rpm and flywheel torque ign Nm.

Because you need to do a mathematical calculation to turn the surface speed of the rollers back to RPM of the motor. Just more margin for error, particularly for lazy operators.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6

was just about to post something similar,mine is the dyno dynamics printout too and has max HP(337)and rpm but NO torque figure!..SO many variations it seems..still it is nice to know rough figures ..seat of the pants feel will tell people if they are happy with the improvements,unlikely ill ever 1/4 test mine but you never know!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
was just about to post something similar,mine is the dyno dynamics printout too and has max HP(337)and rpm but NO torque figure!..SO many variations it seems..still it is nice to know rough figures ..seat of the pants feel will tell people if they are happy with the improvements,unlikely ill ever 1/4 test mine but you never know!

The problem is that the most reliable test there is goes down the 1/4 with all the splits along the way will give you a far more reliable answer than any chassis dyno ever will.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
yep thanks..Kwinana motorplex,here I come one day..........maybe.

Any feedback on the VF's launch control? good/bad etc..

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl

Because it was run in third gear, 40 psi tyres and IAT was 28°, I think it is clever and real, but the output result is not indicative of your actual rwkw, this is not standard and can't be compared to a fourth gear pull.
Operator is savvy.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Or lazy and didn't change the info on the comp before the run.
Ive got a print out that says my car is an s15 and tyres at 50psi.
Just a lazy op on a dyno day...