Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

25 Spline diff gears into a 28 spline diff housing

kent3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Hi,

I have a set of gears out of an old falcon borg warner diff (25 spline xh falcon i think). I need to fit these to VR/VS Diff housing. I have fitted the crown wheel to the 28 spline carrier and have started to set the pinion depth. This is where it is starting to get hard, I cant get a good marking on both the drive and coast side of the crown wheel gears. Either 1 is good and the other is bad or vise verser.
Just wondering if anyone has successfully achieved one of these conversions.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the pinion depth will be punched into the pinion if you have a way of measureing its depth then just need a heap of shims to shim it till the backlash is correct then check pattern

kent3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
the pinion depth will be punched into the pinion if you have a way of measureing its depth then just need a heap of shims to shim it till the backlash is correct then check pattern

Hi mate,
Could u explain to me in further detail about what u mean by - the pinion depth will be punched into the pinion if you have a way of measureing its depth - not 100% shore what u mean by this. I understand about adjusting the backlash by changing the shims either side of the carrier. if you would prefer to talk to me by phone please call me on 0448008685.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the depth that the pinion should be set at is stamped into the pinion itself so all you need to do is measure down that far to the pinion and its done