Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

$2500 for a full stereo? need ideas

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Like mentioned by Bezz (if I could go back before buying the Type R), I'd definately do what he said, I'd just buy front splits and leave the rear stock or even just buy two sets for the front hehe. In my car It's only myself or myself and my gf. So no one in the back to hear them.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
rear speakers are always nice to have...trust me, when you don't have them and then you hear them...you wonder what came over you! lol it's nice to have that fill and it definetly helps in setting up your front stage.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
as been said shop around even if u take a cd of music like u listen to and ask them to play it in the sound boards then u can get a rough idea of wat it will sound like of course it will be differnt in ur car to the sound board but gives u a rough idea of differnt combinations

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Bezz,

I haven't mixed any of my own stuff yet, I'm just starting out. Getting it properly set up and everything, trying to learn how use the gear properly. I usually run Dance, DnB, Hip-Hop kinda stuff.

VT_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
All I can say from my experiences recently is to buy your components from audio stores on Ebay.
I recently shopped around & literally saved a few hundred dollars by buying my gear this way.
I just picked up the latest Alpine HU (CDA-9887) including the KTX-100EQ Imprint Sound Manager for $618.00 including delivery.
I also saved a packet from retail stores by buying all Rockford Fosgate gear (front component splits, a 12" sub & 4 channel amp) at way below retails prices.