Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

250kW VF SV6 .......... now there are two

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Most recent trip to Willowbank wasn't too successful I'm afraid due to a few issues :(

Was unable to crack 14sec but still managed consistent times

More updates coming soon with new suspension and wheels/tyre and brakes.

that's a shame I expected this beastie to do a bit better - was that an issue with weather/track?

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
Most recent trip to Willowbank wasn't too successful I'm afraid due to a few issues :(

Was unable to crack 14sec but still managed consistent times

More updates coming soon with new suspension and wheels/tyre and brakes.

Didn't crack 14sec with 255rwkw? I know my car is boosted but before i had the reco it was pretty stock with a 9 or 10psi blower and even i ran very low 14's with a tired old motor. And though iv never had it on a dyno to get a power read out i'm pretty sure i had less than 200rwkw at the time. What issues were you having?

Last edited:

Danthuyer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Yes I was a little disappointed too however this is the fun of racing ! Expect the unexpected.

There are currently two big issues

1- lack of traction both off the line and through each gear ... remember this is on factory rubber and 20" rims :(
2- we still have an issue with the new clutch setup where the diaphragm over centres at high rpm and the peddle sticks to the floor and as a result I am short changing at 6000 - 6500

oky

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 sv6. my12
Thats a grate result at 250rwkw @ 369 NM Toq is a bit down from a V8. I have @ VE LFX 2012 sv6 it has a Orsom OTR , 13mm mace intake spacer and 20% under drive pulley CNC Ported throttle body and a 2.5 cat back exhaust and tuned by oztrack NSW Remotely. Made 209rwkw and 431 NM Toq here @ BYE Performance Chassis Dyno here in Welshpool WA. We both need more toq as toq is what wins 1/4 miles drags.I did a 14.61 sec 1/4 mile at Perth Motor Plex last Dec 2015 and I have the paper work for the dyno and 1/4 mile times

Last edited:

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Great results! Being the guinea pig for these cams in my LLT I understand the potential. Unfortunately never really reaped the full reward from the mods due to early tuning software limitations. I never saw anywhere near that power though even having it rev to 7k. Only ever saw 190rwkw on the dyno. Benefited greatly from a 3.72 diff and it still got to 100 in 5.9 seconds. Great job!!

Syfrha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
Anyone have any idea on how these cars are doing longevity wise and reliability wise!?