Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

25mm insulator for VE 3.6 SIDI

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
noticed you guys have 25mm insulator for an LLT on your website. What's the procedure to make it clear under the bonnet?

cheers

MACE

Reaction score
Hi SV6GUY

Thank you for your enquiry

"noticed you guys have 25mm insulator for an LLT on your website.
That specific insulator is only for a Camaro as they have much more bonnet clearance

"What's the procedure to make it clear under the bonnet?"
Lots of cutting sadly :(

The only manifold insulator that will fit an LLT V6 in a VE is 6.35mm thick, as shown in the link below

However we do have a manifold insulator that will fit a LLT SIDI VE. However this product comprises of a 2 X 6.35mm thick manifold insulator.

COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD INSULATOR VE 3.6L SIDI - Mace Engineering Group

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Dean

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
shattered! :( is it the bonnet or the plenum rubing against the windscreen wiper ledge thing?

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
if even the 12 mm won't clear without some small mods ill happily sign myself up for the 6mm, heard nothing but good reviews anyway :)

if its worth knowing I don't run an engine cover

Last edited:

mick777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Series2 SIDI
I have read in other forums that insulator's make no difference in making any sort of power at all. So what is the go with these?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Note the name, insulator. What they do well is prevent heat soak. Your plenum gets super hot through the LIM. This means when weather is up and you give the car a bit of go for long periods, your tune is boned as the air temp sensor is in the airbox.

I can notice a decent difference in mine as the plenum only gets hand warm. My air temp sensor is by the throttle body due to the compressor. So in conjunction with other mods it aids response and economy. On its own, meh.

Arguably the longer runner makes more low down torque, but you'd need a sensitive bum to feel it.

MACE

Reaction score
Hi mick777

Thank you for your enquiry.

"I have read in other forums that insulator's make no difference in making any sort of power at all. So what is the go with these?"

If our customers genuinely were not happy with these manifold spacers or noticed no gains they would not be as popular as they are. We have many happy customers and many good reviews.

Essentially they help reduce air intake temperatures by keeping the intake manifold cooler for longer. Which means cooler air and more efficient fuel combustion. Also keeps under hood air temperatures down by reducing heat soak.
Increasing manifold runner length will serve to increase the time it takes for one pressure pulse to bounce off the closing inlet valve, back up the runner, bounce off the back of the plenum and return down the runner to the valve opening which creates a small boost in volumetric efficiency and hence torque increase. Essentially by increasing the distance and thus time it takes to travel this distance within the runner, the pulses will become synchronised with the valve openings at lower rpms.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,

Allen