Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

25mm manifold and 12mm plenum spacer

Vzproject

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Acclaim sedan 05
Hey DevilDRake,

In regards to your questions/statements…

“I was wondering, How much difference would this make as in Dyno results, or take off (with roller rockers 1.98:1)?”
The spacers won’t improve a great deal top end (couple of kws) where they really shine is down low, by they I mean they can improve low end torque by around 15% which is definitely noticeably on the road and track.

“My car i'll be getting will be dead stock, and with all of this + it being a manual and maybe 3.7-3.9 gears, would it be very quick changes also?”
Given it’s a manual the shortest I would probably go would be a 3.7:1 gear ratio.

AND will it fit under the engine cover??
You best bet would be to take a couple of measurements just to make sure as every car is different; fitment summary from experience for your car is as shown below.

• Raising manifold by 12mm: Cover will go on like factory
  • Raising manifold by 25mm: Cover will need to be trimmed around the alternator or bonnet liner needs to be removed or trimmed. Otherwise cover will rub on bonnet liner
  • Raising manifold by 37mm: Cover will need to be trimmed around the alternator and other parts along with the bonnet liner needing to be removed. Otherwise cover will rub on bonnet liner/possibly not close depending engine mounts
  • Raising manifold by 50mm: No hope of keeping cover without some serious bonnet mods. Will still require bonnet mods without cover
Hope this helps :)

Cheers
Steve
Hey mate I've just bought a 25mm spacer didn't realise that mace website only recommends the 25mm for the l67 motor is there any point of putting it on my vx v6 or is it strictly for the sc6 tia I'm hoping to get it on thi weekend..

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Vzproject,

Thank you for your enquiry.

"I've just bought a 25mm spacer didn't realise that mace website only recommends the 25mm for the l67 motor is there any point of putting it on my vx v6 or is it strictly for the sc6 tia I'm hoping to get it on thi weekend"
For stock Ecotec we recommend 12mm plenum spacer, the 25mm plenum spacer on a naturally aspirated Ecotec will impair driveability and performance. Did you purchase the plenum spacer from us? If yes we are more then happy to swap it with the 12mm plenum spacer without any restocking fee and will refund you the difference. Please confirm.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Michael

JamesSap

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt S pack s1
Hey HoldenOn,

An ideal combo would be a 12mm plenum spacer and a 25mm manifold insulator, if space or budget permits. Otherwise you'll be happy with a 12mm plenum and a 12mm insulator

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve
Gday Steve,
Would a 12mm plenum spacer and a 25mm mainfold spacer fit with the engine cover unmodified and under the bonnet of a vt? Not looking to modify anything, if modifications are required i would rather go with 12mm manifold and plenum spacer.

Cheers, James

MACE

Reaction score
"Would a 12mm plenum spacer and a 25mm mainfold spacer fit with the engine cover unmodified and under the bonnet of a vt? Not looking to modify anything, if modifications are required i would rather go with 12mm manifold and plenum spacer."
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, with the 25mm manifold insulator and 12mm plenum spacer you might need some modifications, however, before you purchase anything we always recommend to take some measurements to check how much space you have under the bonnet.

To check the under bonnet clearance the easiest way to do this would be to get some Plasticine like material and place on suspected high points on the engine that would make contact with the bonnet or anything else when raised (such as the firewall). Once positioned, close the bonnet/hood, then measure the compressed Plasticine.

Kind Regards,
Michael