Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

25mm top and bottom spacers

daniel199260

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000 SII
I know a lot of people run 12mm plenum spacer and 25mm manifold insulator, but have not seen or read of anyone running 25mm top and bottom? Wondering what the go is there. Is it do able or?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
that combination would work best only in forced induction , IE supercharged or turbocharged , you'd lose to much bottom end torque otherwise .

MACE

Reaction score
Hi daniel199260,

Thank you for your enquiry.

"I know a lot of people run 12mm plenum spacer and 25mm manifold insulator, but have not seen or read of anyone running 25mm top and bottom? Wondering what the go is there. Is it do able or?"
The reason is that for NA (naturally aspirated) applications, ideally you would want to run a 25mm manifold insulator and 12mm plenum spacer. Otherwise, if you're running some form of boost, we would recommend a 25mm plenum spacer and 12mm manifold Insulator as the thicker plenum spacer offers even greater air distribution between cylinders when dealing with greater air flow. On this note, if you attempt to run a 25mm plenum on a NA ecotec, it will impair driveability and performance.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,
Michael

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 WM STATESMAN
I know a lot of people run 12mm plenum spacer and 25mm manifold insulator, but have not seen or read of anyone running 25mm top and bottom? Wondering what the go is there. Is it do able or?

Just not a good cobination, it also implies that you need to add or make other changes to your sytem? Like a larger throttle body or twin throttle body, I did read somehwere that adding a larger throttle body fixes the issue with the 25mm top and bottom, but why I don't know?
I think the standard throttle body opening is not large enough and it is choking the airflow, but that is just a guess. Common sense tell me that if you add a larger throttle body more air will be allowed to flow and thus fixes the issue.