Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

25mm VE 3.0L INTAKE MANIFOLD SPACER (REVIEW)

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
Hey Every One,

So on the weekend i went to the Mace HQ and Steve and myself got into my engine bay, as a result i left with a 25mm spacer in my engine which is the first one fitted to a 3.0l engine.

Instalation: the installation itself was pretty easy just took alittle bit of time taking some parts off to get to a bolt which was under the window washer plastic shield which is right above the engine at the bottom of the wind shield.
that i would say was the hardest part of the whole install :), so anyone could install this by themselves if you're up to it, just keep in mind that you will need around 4 hours to do it yourself just to be safe..

What to expect after the install/what I have experienced:

After we have installed the spacer Steve and I went for a spin to test it, sadly it was raining earlier :( so to test out the improvement of torque in the lower range of the REVs i took of the ESC and the fun began :)

The first thing you notice when you accelerate is that the engine sounds abit more meaty which is a good change from hearing the stock sound :)

Then comes the loss of traction and wheel slip while accelerating in the 2-4k range which all 3.0l owners know is kind of **** in the stock set up in terms of torque. it sure as hell make the car more fun to drive when you floor it :p

Standstill turning: (normal driving) when you turn into a street from stand still you have more confidence as you have more push and you get onto the street faster.

ESC turned on:

down the straights the car feels like its getting to the speed you want to faster than no spacer with no slipping unless your in the wet.

around corners with esc on you do get alittle bit of sideways action before the esc kicks back in which is great because its about the same in the non modified version of the intake.

In the dry: (corners) you can certainly give the car more foot up its A** and you have feel the car accelerating smoothly though the corner and barely any slip or ESC activation

Down the straights: I've experienced around 4-8km/h increase in acceleration in the same distance covered in the same condition as the non modified 3.0l (did this test on highway at night where theres barely any one around and did not go over the speed limit of the area , used the markings on the road as distance measurements)

But heres the little downside that comes with the 25mm spacer.... you will have to trim up your plastic piece which has a metal plate under it, above the engine so that the manifold doesnt rub on the metal and doesnt get damaged.

I would highly recommend this product to any one with a 3.0l (or other SIDI engine cant remember if this fits others) if you want to spice up your driving experience or have a nicer ride in general.

Thanks to MACE and in particular Steve for allowing me to be the first with this product.

If you have any questions about how im finding this product in detail, let me know.
aso if you have any questions about this and your VE shoot MACE an email and im sure they will answer you questions :)

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i know how much these cars can suck in the rev range, hows the torque curve now?

nice write up :thumbsup:

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
Will these fit the alloytec? I have the 12mm insulators but if I can gain more then I say "why not".

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah man im really happy :D

and yeah with a tune it would be beast as haha, but now that i have a job and have a track day coming up. im really under pressure to get that tune sorted out haha.

oh and im about to send you some images i have taken.
Ah excellent to hear Arthur :D

It certainly didn't drive like a 3L down low that's for sure!

Should be interesting to see what we can unleash when you get the tune done

Thanks for support

Best Regards,
Steve

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
Will these fit the alloytec? I have the 12mm insulators but if I can gain more then I say "why not".

i think the alloyte h 3.6 are different design, but Mace has them made and publicly available now (im pretty sure) so check out their website

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
Awesome:) thanks buddy.

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
When I have the money spare I'm going to buy this but for the 3.6L(LLT).. Do you think i'll need someone to install it? Or is it pretty straight forward? I was thinking about getting a Underdrive pulley kit at the same time and just getting somebody to do it for me all at once.