Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

25mm VE 3.0L INTAKE MANIFOLD SPACER (REVIEW)

rum87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Redline Ute M6
When I have the money spare I'm going to buy this but for the 3.6L(LLT).. Do you think i'll need someone to install it? Or is it pretty straight forward? I was thinking about getting a Underdrive pulley kit at the same time and just getting somebody to do it for me all at once.

it seems alot more daunting then it really is. i was a bit worried when i did mine, but once you get into it, it isnt really that hard. the hardest part like has been said is just getting the windscreen moulding off without breaking clips, and im now currently looking at doing the plenum spacer so ill have to go through all of this again.

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
install spacer yourself :) easy as #### but have a second set of hands to help you with some things :)

underdrive get installed proffetionaly unless u have a puller :) its a great combo :)
When I have the money spare I'm going to buy this but for the 3.6L(LLT).. Do you think i'll need someone to install it? Or is it pretty straight forward? I was thinking about getting a Underdrive pulley kit at the same time and just getting somebody to do it for me all at once.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Do these fit the alloytec vz? I have plenty of space under my bonnet that I would think it would fit

MACE

Reaction score

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
Hey Steve....guess what? They fit!
I managed to get it done last night and everything fit on pretty easy. The bolts you supply with the 12mm insulators are long enough to fit two sets of 12mm so 24mm insulators. The only thing is the very back bolt is a little hard to get too but it can be done, oh and the plug at the back of the manifold is a tight fit but does go on.

Double insulators
0ec985c0-91db-874d.jpg

Here's the plug at the back which is a tight fit but still goes on fine.

0ec985c0-92f7-98a0.jpg

I haven't driven it yet but I'll take it for a spin today and let you know how it feels, i haven't tried to fit the engine covers back on but I"m taking a wild guess in saying they wont sit back on to well which is no big loss. So for anyone wanting to fit 24mm spacers to a 175 alloytec id say go for it, if you have the 190 i don't think you'll have any luck cause of a part at the back of the manifold would hit the firewall. Also as far as closing the bonnet i haven't had a issue it closes fine.

Everything fits excellent and I wanna say a BIG thank you to Steve from Mace Engineering:spot on:

UPDATE: took it for a drive today and there's a very very noticeable torque gain down low.

Last edited:

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
Excellent news Shooter03 :D

Glad to hear that it's all sorted :thumbsup:

Does that mean you might start making them in 25mm size for 175alloytec's?

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk

treyflip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
MACE,

Is it possible to fit another set of 12mm spacers on the 190kw alloytec (vz)? I have a set of 12mm on there now but im very interested on trying to squeeze on another set, or even another 6mm? Just worried about the plug at the back as its already super tight. Can anything be worked out?