Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

28 days until TUNE (advice on E85 and supporting mods please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsuth77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS A6 UTE
It has a full exhaust and a different intake, what does that prove?

Exactly so when i'm told that the sidemount cai makes as much power, same throttle response,etc etc in all conditons as an OTR and makes 20kw less on E85 not 98 (I was told I'd get a 10-12kw gain from E85 alone)and drives terrible
I have a right to be pissed. Same goes for the extractors and before you say it have you seen a VF GTS catback not restrictive the standard mufflers yes i'd estimate a loss of about 5-8rwkw.About what a catback would gain

dsuth77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS A6 UTE
...and its a ####ing magazine picture. With no details whatsoever.

Dead set youre a clown.

That is modern motors HOT TUNER challenge the car is the same one I drove the gm motorsports 350 pack :OTR, FULL EXHAUST, TUNE 276.8KW
the walkinshaw with sidemount made 268.2 again the same car I drove (mine feels like six in comparison)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
That is modern motors HOT TUNER challenge the car is the same one I drove the gm motorsports 350 pack :OTR, FULL EXHAUST, TUNE 276.8KW
the walkinshaw with sidemount made 268.2 again the same car I drove (mine feels like six in comparison)
Why didn't you go to GM motorsport if you were happy with their product?

Mack78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 and VK berlina 3.3
TALK TO THE TUNER! it is that simple if you aint happy then talk to them. most of us here cant see a problem in the gains but that's your call so talk to them and get a response and let us know what they think. Secondly didn't pirate recommend APS originally and now bagging them ? I am confused

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
...and my comment was made to the other poster who claims his Calais gets 277rwkw. If it did that on a Mainline id eat my left nut.

You posting a magazine picture proves about as much as me saying mine makes a gatrillion killowatts. Tuners can manipulate a dyno to put out the figure they want. So if theyre selling a 280rwkw package, they can adjust any number of things to get that number. Which is why I despise workshops advertising power packages because you can never absolutely guarantee it and what happens when old mate doesnt get his 280rwkw he makes a thread like this.

For someone who claims to have done research it sounds like youve done absolutely none.

Unless the intake has a kink in the middle, the intake would not have a 20rwkw difference on a dyno.

Can we please seperate the power figure and the car driving like a bucket of ****.

Because the power figure is a figment of your imagination. THE POWER FIGURE MEANS NOTHING.

What do you want from your car? Do you want low down torque for off the line around the streets?

If so, go back and say to them ok this car has very little punchiness off the line, can we adjust it? What needs to be done? Slapping 4 - 1 Extractors, no matter the brand, doesnt give you that.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
TALK TO THE TUNER! it is that simple if you aint happy then talk to them. most of us here cant see a problem in the gains but that's your call so talk to them and get a response and let us know what they think. Secondly didn't pirate recommend APS originally and now bagging them ? I am confused

Yeah a bloke from Queensland recommended them and he went there based on that by the sounds of it.

Pirate you ever been there before?

dsuth77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS A6 UTE

APS is a good tuner, In my instance they have given me bad advice to which I had no way of researching and disproving, secondly they rushed my car when they could of had it for a week

How many tuners do you know that are open saturday afternoon, sunday. the whole point of posting here was to see if there was something I was missing before
I call. but instead you guys want to make out like i'm just chasing big numbers, not the case, I want what I paid for. NOT TO BE UPSOLD AND MAKE NEGATIVE GAINS.

Mack78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 and VK berlina 3.3
so they are a good tuner but a bad tuner at the same time ? YOU make the final call on what you buy if you felt rushed then I am sorry you need to grow a set of what grennan suggested he would eat.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
i'm just chasing big numbers, not the case, I want what I paid for. NOT TO BE UPSOLD AND MAKE NEGATIVE GAINS.

Youre the one that keeps bringing up the GMM and KPM/Harrop cars and their power figures.

You didnt make negative gains (wut? how do you make negative gains anyway?) you went up by 30rwkw on a CONSERVATIVE, BRAND NEW DYNO!

Well perhaps if you did your research and were confident in your decisions you wouldnt have fallen for salesman 101, not to say their intake is bad. It will probably be exactly the same as every other intake on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.