Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

28 days until TUNE (advice on E85 and supporting mods please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
That airbox sounds like a cool centerpiece, love to see it installed.

1. As these headers bolt up to the standard cat back, do you think I will still get good Torque / rwkw (I'm told the headers are just as good as any out there)

Yes, more so faith in the tuner to deliver what you want.

2.What do you guys think it will sound / flow like with standard catback (AFM)?

sound and flow brilliantly, suited to your mods albeit sensibly quiet.

3. will I need bi modal mufflers with the standard catback for flow and db's

not need, no, but want.

4. As I have the ute a Vf gts catback will need to be lengthened to fit, is it worth it (will cost up to $850 est.)

Not worth that much, should be less than half that according to the dudes here who did it, and pipe work is $100 max to fabricate / extend.

dsuth77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS A6 UTE
Had the car tuned + auto, side mount CAI (APS designed) extractors with 100 cpsi cats as above and GTS/Maloo catback with standard mufflers.

I'm very dissapointed only made 251rwkw on E85. But more so driving the car Less throttle response, less torque until 4000-4500rpm then goes like I expected till it drops off at 5500.

dyno 001.jpg

I trusted Frank at APS when I had concerns with the extractors and CAI design. Now the excuses: the blue stock line on the dyno sheet is after everything was installed and the red line is with a tune, Its a new Dyno its tight it reads low, the x pipe is restrictive.

My gut tells me my car was rushed and probably barely spent any time on the dyno (too many big dollar cars there to care about mine)

I could of saved a $1000 and had hsv extractors instead.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Power figure sounds about right so I'm not sure why you're disappointed. Hope you weren't expecting more because it's running e85.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
u gained hp and torque everywhere on the sheet 30kw and 50nm , also u gained more because u done a base run with the mods already installed and u gain the most from the mods not the tune so your tru base run would have been even lower, the tune just finishes it off and the decent gain u did get when tuned was from the e85, in all my tunes id be lucky to get 15rwkw from the actual tune most of it is from the exhaust/intake ect...

Mack78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 and VK berlina 3.3
260kw standard at the motor and with some bolt ons and a tune you are disappointed with 251Rwk? can I ask what were you expecting to gain? Sounds like you were expecting forced induction style gains by your disappointment maybe time to save for that.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Had the car tuned + auto, side mount CAI (APS designed) extractors with 100 cpsi cats as above and GTS/Maloo catback with standard mufflers.

I'm very dissapointed only made 251rwkw on E85. But more so driving the car Less throttle response, less torque until 4000-4500rpm then goes like I expected till it drops off at 5500.

View attachment 175063

I trusted Frank at APS when I had concerns with the extractors and CAI design. Now the excuses: the blue stock line on the dyno sheet is after everything was installed and the red line is with a tune, Its a new Dyno its tight it reads low, the x pipe is restrictive.

My gut tells me my car was rushed and probably barely spent any time on the dyno (too many big dollar cars there to care about mine)

I could of saved a $1000 and had hsv extractors instead.

Any thoughts would be appreciated
You made 250rwkw on a bolt on car, what's the problem?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
For an auto 6L, 250rwkw is about the norm and to be perfectly honest, you should be HAPPY that it was a) done on a Mainline dyno and b) done on a Dyno that he says is a little conservative (mainlines tends to be more conservative).

Dont get to caught up in the numbers as they are only numbers. If you wanted a fancy sheet of paper to wave around like a typical VE/F cockhead than go back and ask them to loosen the straps.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
I doubt your car would have been rushed - mind you an OTR and bolt ones is a very simple tune so it wouldn't have taken long. Pretty reasonable gains for just bolt on mods.

APS won't rush it, they're definitely not rushing mine lol.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
For an auto 6L, 250rwkw is about the norm and to be perfectly honest, you should be HAPPY that it was a) done on a Mainline dyno and b) done on a Dyno that he says is a little conservative (mainlines tends to be more conservative).

Dont get to caught up in the numbers as they are only numbers. If you wanted a fancy sheet of paper to wave around like a typical VE/F cockhead than go back and ask them to loosen the straps.

APS have also recently had their dyno calibrated by mainline - so the numbers should be pretty spot on.

dsuth77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS A6 UTE
My issue is spending an extra grand on HM extractors and going the Sidemount CAI on the advice from the tuner when they don't make the gains.I have driven cars with similar combinations and its like my car is a six in comparison.

And I now have a check engine light. A half arsed tune with **** parts not happy

Status
Not open for further replies.