Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

28 days until TUNE (advice on E85 and supporting mods please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Okay the short story is the car is back to standard, money is refunded ( Thankyou to whoever informed APS about this thread, It was the easiest refund I have ever had!)

I had 2 tuners look at the tune before taking it back, both were suprised at what hadn't been disabled/ modified. Highlights were torque management had not been touched, and Knock Burst had not been zeroed (timing would have been pulled constantly with the extractors).

The Engine light was the cats not operating efficiently, again usually the post cats oxy sensors are disabled. but in my tune the threshold had just been upped.

After getting the car put back to standard it drives much nicer more torque. Apart from pretty much full throttle the car feels quicker, more responsive in normal spirited driving.

I'll probably be leaving this way except for some rear mufflers and maybe changing the intake piping.

I've tried to keep it short, If you want more detail just ask

Just in case you didn't know, under the Australian Competition and Consumer act (replaced fair trading act in 2010), you are entitled to be compensated for all reasonable costs associated with obtaining the refund and any loss occurred from the issue/defect/fault - which in your case would be petrol, time and the costs of having third parties inspect.

That's if you can be bothered with that, it does usually end up in VCAT for problems like yours.

Last edited:

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Okay the short story is the car is back to standard, money is refunded ( Thankyou to whoever informed APS about this thread, It was the easiest refund I have ever had!)

I had 2 tuners look at the tune before taking it back, both were suprised at what hadn't been disabled/ modified. Highlights were torque management had not been touched, and Knock Burst had not been zeroed (timing would have been pulled constantly with the extractors).

The Engine light was the cats not operating efficiently, again usually the post cats oxy sensors are disabled. but in my tune the threshold had just been upped.

After getting the car put back to standard it drives much nicer more torque. Apart from pretty much full throttle the car feels quicker, more responsive in normal spirited driving.

I'll probably be leaving this way except for some rear mufflers and maybe changing the intake piping.

I've tried to keep it short, If you want more detail just ask

So all in all. All you had to do, was to ask someone (or even them) to take a look at it.

Geez, who wouldve guessed this massive song and dance couldve been avoided that simply.

Anywho closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.