Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

28 days until TUNE (advice on E85 and supporting mods please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
The other cars I drove were both 4-1 di filippo, 1 3/4 on the walkinshaw and 1 7/8 on gm motorsport and to the butt dyno the gm felt slighty torquier everywhere, you could probably attribute this to the ramjet as well as the 8kw higher dyno figure

Yeah I dunno that throws up all sorts of weird questions to me. 1 7/8 feels torquier. The intake isnt going to make a huge difference. As I said, the difference would be so miniscule anything you noticed would be placebo.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
That stoopid video keeps coming up like every couple of months, a load of crap.

Not only that but lets say there is a 5kw difference.

That is ABSOLUTELY nothing. There would be more of a difference between a 8 degree morning and a 30 degree day.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yeah I dunno that throws up all sorts of weird questions to me. 1 7/8 feels torquier. The intake isnt going to make a huge difference. As I said, the difference would be so miniscule anything you noticed would be placebo.

Exactly. The 1 3/4 are 'torquier', 1 7/8 sounds like it is. Is like bi-modal exhausts, opening up to straight through sounds like you've unleashed the hounds, but under 3000 RPM you are actually losing torque with it being open and loud.

dsuth77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS A6 UTE
Exactly. The 1 3/4 are 'torquier', 1 7/8 sounds like it is. Is like bi-modal exhausts, opening up to straight through sounds like you've unleashed the hounds, but under 3000 RPM you are actually losing torque with it being open and loud.

Guys I'm not starting another 1 7/8's verse 1 3/4 debate, I am just saying the gm motorsport felt torquier. besides the ramjet it is a mafless tune and (I also noticed a micro second of hesitation on first touch of the throttle and not as smooth as the walkinshaw) whilst both cars catbacks are di filippo the walkinshaw has resonators that are approx 30% larger in diameter and twice as long, and a step down from 3 inch to 2.5 just before the diff.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Guys I'm not starting another 1 7/8's verse 1 3/4 debate, I am just saying the gm motorsport felt torquier. besides the ramjet it is a mafless tune and (I also noticed a micro second of hesitation on first touch of the throttle and not as smooth as the walkinshaw) whilst both cars catbacks are di filippo the walkinshaw has resonators that are approx 30% larger in diameter and twice as long, and a step down from 3 inch to 2.5 just before the diff.

Mafless tune has absolutely no bearing on anything.

dsuth77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS A6 UTE
Mafless tune has absolutely no bearing on anything.

I am merely pointing out the differences between the two I forgot to add the walkinshaw headers are hpc coated

and bear in mind I drove both these cars before the motor magazine came out.

the walkinshaw did a 13.8 400m and a 5.8 0-100 with 275 section street rubber

the gm motorsport a 13.3 400m and a 5.1 0-100 with 235 section semi slick yokohamas with traction issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.