Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2jz into vs ute

FSRA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC 3.8
hey thinking about putting a 2jz into a vs ute
just wandering what to do about wiring... i have a aristo engine loom so hoping i can put that straight in with out any cutting or changing wires, and will i still have a working cluster??

any tips or help on the whole conversion will be appreciated

tried searching forums with not much luck, im not even sure if i posted in the right thread haha

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I'm sure I have seen a picture of this great conversation completed before.

Can you not get an aftermarket ECU for the 2JZ and a race pack dash cluster?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Why??????

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The VN was originally meant to have a straight six in the bay so it is arguable that a Straight six is proper in a 2nd gen Commodore. One of our older members did a JZ conversion in a VP mean years ago.

Speedo signal for the PCM/dash depends on the transmission/VSS you use. RPM signal shouldn't be a huge issue as it's still a 6 cylinder so the number of pulses should be correct.

You could you talk to the boys on the PCM hacking forum, they might be able to give better guidance with the PCM as they have done all sorts of conversions and will know what will and won't work.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm probably biased but I'm not of the liking to bastardise our old Holden's. I have seen a Tickford or a Barra in a Torana once at the local show. I wasn't impressed that this prime Torana didn't have a Holden donk under the bonnet..... Guess you could argue that the early and mid V6 was never a real Holden engine as wasn't the VL but I prefer something original myself.
Each to their own but I am interested to know why the OP wants to fit a Toyota engine in a Holden?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I'm probably biased but I'm not of the liking to bastardise our old Holden's. I have seen a Tickford or a Barra in a Torana once at the local show. I wasn't impressed that this prime Torana didn't have a Holden donk under the bonnet..... Guess you could argue that the early and mid V6 was never a real Holden engine as wasn't the VL but I prefer something original myself.
Each to their own but I am interested to know why the OP wants to fit a Toyota engine in a Holden?
Because as far as inline 6 goes, it's a 2J or a barra.
Both motors are cool and make the vehicle all the more cooler by being between the rails.
Just my opinion.

I also love that time my mate put a 308 in an R32 skyline.

There are just some cool combo's out there, and this 2JZ VS is one of them.

Reactions: Lex

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I'm probably biased but I'm not of the liking to bastardise our old Holden's.

Commodore is the definition of a bastard. Australian, Japanese, and American engines in a car that is pretty much from Germany and built in Australia. There are thousands of the things, not like one guy putting a 2JZ in an exec level ute is going to be destroying some limited edition rare classic that was hand built and utilizes precision engineering. Would you be saying the same thing if he was asking about an LS given it was never in a VS?

Why? 2JZ is far superior in every way to anything that came in a VS, including a 215i engine, and has the ability to do muuuch more with little to no modification. And then there's just that people can (having said that, 308 in an R32 is a big step down from an RB20).

Reactions: Lex

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8