Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2l vn berlina ?

Nzstallion

Reaction score
Members Ride
2l vn
Any one know what the motor in these is called so far only been told it could be a l20 nothing online about them anywhere.
Alll the info I could get about it was it's 1990 berlina 2000cc as there was wasp nests in the engine bay . Also how how much are they worth as cant find any info about them so guessing they either not may arnd or just belong in the trash

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Don't think they were sold in Oz and I couldn't imagine who'd want the old 2L motor. What's the condition of the rest of the car like?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
They were definitely a thing, I've seen one in my time, I believe it's an Opel motor of some description. IIRC the wheel stud pattern is different to normal Commodores too, just like the early girl 4 cylinder Commodores that were available here in NZ. Probably the only good thing would be the diff gears, they used a different ratio to make up for a lack of power.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
C20NE or C20SE GM Family II engine, NZ only deal for the VN I'm pretty sure. Could find the same engine (or one of the variants) of the same size in the Camira which gives you an idea about their desirability and how they're going to do in a VN that is 300ish kilos heavier.

Having said that the setup in that car might let you do some interesting engine conversions easily.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
There is a VN or VS IIC 4cyl in Australia. AFAIK it's the only one in Australia. I seen it on Aussie Collectors if that's the name of the show? They no longer play it, probably because it was quite lame.