Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2nd Blown Low Beam Bulb

[QW-11-KE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
E CLUBSPORT R8
Guys i had my left low beam h7 phillips vision bulb blown n last week i changed it n now its gone again... any tips? or was it a coinsidence

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
From what i have heard they don't last very long. How much better are they over standard? Been thinking of getting them but having heard that they don't last very long has put me off.

rum87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Redline Ute M6
i have phillips bulbs in my ute and have had them in my previous ute aswell, never had a problem with bulbs blowing and never had one yet, i had them on my old ute for 3yrs and still going strong.

rum87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Redline Ute M6
From what i have heard they don't last very long. How much better are they over standard? Been thinking of getting them but having heard that they don't last very long has put me off.

they are alot better then standard imo cause of the white colour of the light, i have the phillips diamond vision and they have a nice whiteish blueish look to them, and they put out more light then the standard bulbs

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Make sure the plug socket is clean and without corrosion and that the globe is seated and secured properly.

[QW-11-KE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
E CLUBSPORT R8
hmmm i want to go for the diamond nision... i had crystal vision which was pretty good and now i put blue vision which is crap.... so diamond vision is next....thanks guys im gonna try n get it checkd out

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
they are alot better then standard imo cause of the white colour of the light, i have the phillips diamond vision and they have a nice whiteish blueish look to them, and they put out more light then the standard bulbs

Might have to try some out. For the SV6 do we need h4 or h7? and what would we need for the fog lights?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Not sure if it's a problem with the philips bulbs but some (older) bulbs used to blow if you touched the glass housing directly as your fingertips leave a slightly oily residue on the fine glass (thats as scientific as I get with that one, sorry). I always put mine in with a cloth.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Good point, never touch the glass when installing the globes!!