Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2nd recall/rework

mjm4676

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute, 94 Swift Cino
Just thought I would let you all know that the second recall/rework has been sent out for VE. Only 58 vehicles are affected, and these could have possibly had incorrect check links fitted to LHF door, which if door is closed while window down, the glass would break. Nothing to major.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Thanks for the info, I'll forward that to my uncle..

sfordham

Reaction score
Could you post the chassis numbers/build dates for this recall and the previous one?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
sfordham said:
Could you post the chassis numbers/build dates for this recall and the previous one?

There was no previous recall. As Drewins said, this is the FIRST recall but SECOND rework... The other 'rework' was before any VE's were sold and they were fixed or checked at the factory and at Dealers.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
just great recall the VE already, I personally find the shape of the car 2 be a bit weird having seen the omegas almost every day,but I'll wait till I see a ss up close then make a major judgement

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
i was told of a more serious problem today at my local dealer...

Apparently they are having electrical issues with the VEs and there is a problem with voltage drops happening.

What happens is the computer voltage fluctuates and it thinks there is a fault in the system. Apparently two faults and the car will flat out refuse to start. Yep, imagine coming back to your car and the bastard wont start even though there is nothing really wrong with it.

Not sure if they have a fix for it yet.

Brumbies 5L

Dont Gossip, Just Torque!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L
:ranting: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Brumbies 5L

Dont Gossip, Just Torque!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L
i was told of a more serious problem today at my local dealer...

Apparently they are having electrical issues with the VEs and there is a problem with voltage drops happening.

What happens is the computer voltage fluctuates and it thinks there is a fault in the system. Apparently two faults and the car will flat out refuse to start. Yep, imagine coming back to your car and the bastard wont start even though there is nothing really wrong with it.

Not sure if they have a fix for it yet.

Gee scotty doesnt know shite can't wait for the series 2 too "iron out these little bugs"!!!!:thumbsup: :yeah: :whistling