Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2nd to neutral = cut out

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
hey mal seems theres a few versions of the 672 ecu not all accept the VSS going in that pin so the ecu can read speed so ide say you arnt actually supplying the ecu any pulses thats why its stalling sometimes and will be why it uses a little fuel check the barcode on the pink ECU plugs for the numbers .
There are 8 different model VS computers which makes the VS interesting, read pain in the A...
The 16210672 has several versions
The numbers that count are the bar code no. on the pink plugs
The 0672 super 6 pcm is numbered 3380xL xxxxxxxxxx (x means varies ie any number)
The 0672 T5 manual pcm is numbered 6760xMxxxxxxxx
The 0672 and 9728 normal auto is 997xxMxxxxx Very common usually 99714 or 5
The 9728 getrag manual pcm is 99700Lxxxxx
RF police/taxi . This one is fully populated as is the Service Replacement 0672 so these are the best 2 to score.
When GM released the VT they had realised the nightmare they had caused and made all VT pcm's fully populated, meaning (apart from all being the same) it was a costly exercise leaving out some of the 2 cent items that werent required in certain applications.

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Sorry to go off topic, but I was wondering how you got your speedo to work? I'm doing the conversion on my vr and this is one of the last things I need to do. Thanks for your help

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you grab switched 12 volts out the old auto harness under the car and connect it to the red wire on the VSS and earth the black wire on the vss then the purple wire feed that to the ecu you can use one of the auto shift solinoid wires to save running a new one and it connects to pin C12 along with the wire thats allready there that goes to the speedo

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
thats for VR only too vs is different

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
with the vs the speed sensor is the purple and white wire that you tap into and then run it to the sensor on the t5 aswell as power and ground is this correct? as this is how i was told and how i have run it

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
with VS you take the violet and white wire out of pin C5 which is the feed to the dash for speedo and connect it into pin D2 along with the purple wire from the VSS.if you have the right model ecu from tyhe list above the ecu will see speedo as well as the dash will work if you have the wrong ecu only the dash will work the ecu wont see the vehicle is moving

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Awesome thanks heaps delco, will get on to that right away.

Just one question, since I've got only a basic grip of electronics, by switched 12 volts that just means a feed wire doesn't it? A positive 12v wire? I'm guessing that because the others are earth and signal.

Thanks again

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yeah meaning switched on when ignition comes on which the solinoid power wire will do or the torque convertor lockup they are all in the round plug on the harness for the auto