Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3.0 litre V6 for the Commodore

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
why don't they try and develop a good CVT (continuously variable transmission) instead of pissing around with engines that rarely run at their most efficient rpm? if they got one of these, no matter what you want to do you'll always the most efficient power/economy being delivered at a constant rate.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Holden can't make a forced induction motor as the basic engine because no P platers would be able to drive it. Not that they would anyway

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
In today's economic climate, economy is numero uno. Performance is down the list. If they can somehow get both in one package, they would do so, but if the cost to achieve both exceeds the returns, or makes the car uncompetitive price-wise, economy will always get the nod.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Holden can't make a forced induction motor as the basic engine because no P platers would be able to drive it. Not that they would anyway

Because all car makers know that P platers are the majority of the market...

Also, P plates actually buying a $30000 car as their first car would be .0000000001% of total sales.

Everyone wants economy but you'll never get a 1800kg+ car with a 3lt n/a v6 to get any respectable economy. It will only take a couple of bad reviews from the car mags to completely destroy the reputation of the car, as much as fuel economy can be a major selling point, it can also be a the final nail in the coffin.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I reckon most P platers do a fair bit of driving in the family car, but anyway I agree it's going to be a disaster, it might show good fuel ecconomy Melbourne to Sydney or other such super freeways. But as soon as a few corners and hills in the real world come into play and a bit of stop start it's going to be rubbish

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
I reckon most P platers do a fair bit of driving in the family car, but anyway I agree it's going to be a disaster, it might show good fuel ecconomy Melbourne to Sydney or other such super freeways. But as soon as a few corners and hills in the real world come into play and a bit of stop start it's going to be rubbish

yeah but they should just do what ford do, and offer the forced induction as an option

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Ford are talking V8 options for all models including base models again for next year with the new V8, just how it should be. That'll shake Holden up a bit :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
And I dont use or like power windows and cruise, My car has the buttons to make cruise work but no cruise :p