Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3.0" x force varex catback system. Too loud or will the adjustable features pass it?

Eblostdiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 (s1) 6 spd manual
Hey I'm looking into getting a 3.0" x force varex catback system, for my 2010 VE SV6 series 1 sedan, 6 spd manual, for the simple fact that you can adjust it. Would it pass a sound test due to these "adjustable features"?

And if anyone has one can they tell me what the in car sound is like? Whether they sound any good in person (as i've only heard them on youtube)? and the cost for a set up of one?

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Now that you say that I'm kinda put off cause the 3.0" sounds really nice, and as you seem to get smaller they sound worse. :bomb:

holden ve sv6 SIDI Xforce 3" - YouTube

So I'm guessing this isn't a sv6?

That is a sv6, you can put twin 3" on it will fit ect, but preformance wise, its wayy to big, 2.5 will provide more then enough flow even with full zorst intake ect ect

Eblostdiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 (s1) 6 spd manual
That is a sv6, you can put twin 3" on it will fit ect, but preformance wise, its wayy to big, 2.5 will provide more then enough flow even with full zorst intake ect ect

As in fuel economy and response time of the car?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I run a twin 2.25" system on my SUPERCHARGED SV6, so I definetly think 3" and even 2.5" is too big for a stock motor. Loose power, fuel eco and it will sound loud like balls.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
As in fuel economy and response time of the car?

Exactly what kuzman said

"I run a twin 2.25" system on my SUPERCHARGED SV6, so I definetly think 3" and even 2.5" is too big for a stock motor. Loose power, fuel eco and it will sound loud like balls."

On my old v6 i had all bolt ons ect i only ran a single 2.5 (vs only had single on the ute) if i was you id try find a twin 2.25 for best preformance, sound

I know a few ppl on here kept the standard system on and only removed and put better flowing mufflers and removed the crimped sections and seemed happy with it so thats another option too