Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3.3 gearbox question

madmartin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Maloo, VY Berlina V8 wagon
Hi guys

I have recently acquired another WB tonner after selling my old one way back and always regretting it.

My old truck had a toyota celica 5 speed and i never had much luck with them, all the boxes i found were noisy plus they're also getting hard to find.

So i currently have a 4 speed linkage box (M22 i think) and i'm wondering how much of a drama it will be to replace it with the 5 speed commie box that was fitted behind the blue and black engines, are they the same length? Will the same gearbox mount work? Will the gearstick be in the same place?

Thanks

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
the 5 speeds that were offered with the Holden 6's were a terrible box and I think you'd be struggling to find one in good condition.
Better off doing a T5 conversion

madmartin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Maloo, VY Berlina V8 wagon
my ambition to use the holden box is based on two things, one trying to get it thru a WOF without anyone noticing and using the same clutch, bellhousing, mounts and driveshaft. I've had celica 5 speeds in them before, what's the go with the T5 conversion? What parts are needed, can i just buy a kit?