Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3.8L VX Randomly turns off going around corners

Sam K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
I have an 02 VX and I'm having a problem where the car turns off randomly while driving and it's only when turning at traffic lights and roundabouts and the thing is it doesn't happen all the time. I got Advanced Engine Diagnostics software and got these fault codes can anyone tell me if these could cause that to happen?

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 104
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 97

2000.vx.exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive, 1998 VT Exec 304 manual, 2007 S
I'm having a similar problem but it doesn't only do it when turning

Mookie01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore executive series 2
Ha you need to do a full transmission flush , transmission fluid will cause your car to randomly cut out , bet you anything fluids all black , change your transmission fluid also you get shaking coming through steering wheel I bet anything as well

Mookie01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore executive series 2
I'm having a similar problem but it doesn't only do it when turning
Every two years you have to replace transmission fluid , I do a full flush every two years using full synthetic fluid , transmission failure is 80% to do with trans fluid , and when coming to traffic lights or slowing down as the original thread described cuts out are symptoms of transmission fluid needing to be replaced , and looking at his diagnostics he needs new trans fluid I bet you a million dollars his transmission fluid is BLACK

2000.vx.exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive, 1998 VT Exec 304 manual, 2007 S
Every two years you have to replace transmission fluid , I do a full flush every two years using full synthetic fluid , transmission failure is 80% to do with trans fluid , and when coming to traffic lights or slowing down as the original thread described cuts out are symptoms of transmission fluid needing to be replaced , and looking at his diagnostics he needs new trans fluid I bet you a million dollars his transmission fluid is BLACK
right ill have to do that then, though the engine does have a starting issue too which I thought could be related to it