Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3 baby seats

sarahtaylor86

Reaction score
Members Ride
cruze
hi Holden members. my hubby said this would be the best place to get some advice. I'm wondering if any other cruze owners have managed to fit 3 baby seats into the back of their hatch. specifically 1 forward facing seat and 2 capsules or 2 rear facing seats. We have just found our we have twins on the way and are trying to avoid purchasing a new car. Any comments or advice would be great :)

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
itll depend on which model youre looking at because australia only adopted ISOFIX as a standard in 2013, so previous models wont have the "rear facing seats"

basically the aus govt read all the proof that ISOFIX seats reduced head and neck injuries in infants and totally ignored it until 2013 because it was too difficult to change the laws pertaining to the old "hook and latch" system we have used since 1989. not only did they ignore it, they made them illegal for use in australia, so any 2004+ model imported car that had ISOFIX or LATCH systems, had to have them removed to allow the car to be regestered (in case... gee, i dunno, in case the parents decided they wanted to use a safer child restraint system or something, heaven forbid)

annnyway, if by "we are trying to avoid purchasing a new car" you mean: we want to fit ISOFIX into our cruze, im sorry to tell you that they form part of the seat, and are not backwards compatable. so unless your seats have them, youre out of luck. youre pretty much stuck with the hook and latch system aussies are accustom to.

hope this has been helpful.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
We fitted rear facing capsules in the car back in 2002, using proper compliant capsules and the factory "hook and latch" system. I think that's what she means?

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Not sure how big the back seat area of a cruze is but back in the day I attempted to get two baby seats and a capsule into the rear of a Nissan bluebird and failed, just wasn't enough room. Ended up buying a new car.

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It's funny, this very topic is what made me sign up to this forum. We had a Daewoo Nubira, and having twins meant 2 capsules, with a capsule behind the drivers seat, my knees were up around my ears, and I couldn't drive it, so went car hunting. The VS was the only car I found in my price range that the twin pram we had actually fit in the boot, so, bought the VS, signed up to this forum to sort out some issues with it, and the rest is history.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
We fitted rear facing capsules in the car back in 2002, using proper compliant capsules and the factory "hook and latch" system. I think that's what she means?

We did the same in 04 & 07.

I think the key question is whether the 3 seats/capsules will fit across the back seat. The Cruze is not overly large across the back seat.

And then there will be issues with access to the middle one.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The Cruze is fairly large inside, but from a safety perspective, it's not recommended to fit any type of capsule or car seat in centre as it, and it's occupant can become a projectile between the front seats.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
from memory, the VS and even VE, the interior is roughly 1550mm from door panel to door panel. a subaru forester is 1450mm, i believe the cruise is about the same as the forester. you could get 3 seats in there, BUT its the door panel/handle/arm rest, and the capsule size that will be the determining factor whether they fit comfortably.

2 seats (1 toddler and a reversible capsule/seat) in the back of a touareg and the leftover seat is just enough for a person, but the seatbelt latch in the seat is hidden by the middle baby seat. Some baby shops allow you to test fit the seats in your car to see if it will fit.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
My Daughter's 2011 Cruze Sedan HAS 3 parcel shelf anchor points...two each side and one in the middle.

For fitment of a single (one) seat, it it recommended that, the child restraint seat be fitted to the left rear passenger seat.

Places that install the seats, don't recommend that a child restraint of any type,
be fitted to the middle seat (for reasons pointed out by NAAF).
Or to the driver's side rear seat, because of the risk of being hit by other vehicles, when taking or putting a child in the car.