Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3 hemi chargers sold in one day

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Yes yes yes to your answer ... Don't need to get hot boys just saying its not everyday something like this comes up sell....
So they came up for sale, you made an offer, someone else made a better offer, and now you are unhappy?

I'm sure if someone else made a better offer than you, then they also are well funded and able to undertake a resto of some extent and get them road worthy again.

Maybe they will come up for sale again and you will have another chance?

Good cars and I hope they are not hidden for another 30years doing nothing.

P.s harrop.senator is generally a GC from what I've seen.

H

harrop.senator

Haaaaa. This has happened more then once.

Hey look if dad passed I wouldn't mind putting my hand up for his Harley. Everyone would argue about the mustang I mean who doesn't want an 85k boss replica mach 1.

But I own enough cars, yes his is nicer than mine as mine are all Resto projects . Didn't start that way but are now

The Harley him and I spent every second Saturday for 3 months going to bike shops to pick out the exact one he wanted after the divorce settlement happened. He was getting in too much trouble with the old z900 he'd restored and mum convinced him to sell it so he wanted to do something for himself.

He worked five sometimes six days a week. Every second Sunday like clockwork we were on that bike. Some of the best memories of my life started on the back of that motorcycle. The nostalgia, not the value is the reason I'd want it.

I don't know if it's because my father grew up poor and worked for everything he had so he made me too. I grew up with the you want something you work for it and you get it.

Expecting to own something because you're blood and you can't take it with you has never sat well with me. If they want you to have it , sure ! I think though , you gotta earn everything you get.

These days a lot of family members haven't and the mum or dad know it and act accordingly haha.

We're living in an entitled , silver spoon world these days...

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
These days a lot of family members haven't and the mum or dad know it and act accordingly haha.

Before Covid showed it ugly face my friends wife died of Cancer and at her funeral her boys did not go to her Funeral but what they did is broke into her house and stole her pain killing drugs . Scum of the Earth.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Just saying it was a shame thing to do.. U sound like him a d** k.

I just saying what a shame... U sound like him a d***k.. And must not be a HEMI fan

Coming from someone that has 4 Valiants and 1 Centura....3 Valiants with hemis and the Centura with a hemi... Good on him for selling them to who ever wanted them...Saves them rotting away to nothing.

Honestly it does sound like your shitty you didn't get first dibs or you didn't have the cash to buy them.

As for the kids getting them...I know a couple of my 6 kids are getting SFA from me when I kick the bucket....It's in my will....

So get over it....Things like this happen all the time

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
As for the kids getting them...I know a couple of my 6 kids are getting SFA from me when I kick the bucket....It's in my will....

Got to be careful there. They can trot off to court and say that you have not provided for them, with a sad story, and the Judge will over-rule what you wanted.
Leave them something with specific reasons why you decide who gets what, and they can't complain.
That is, presuming you have something to leave, and haven't selfishly spent it all on yourself as a reward for fruits of your own labour.

Wife suggested that I could give my ute to our son when I have no further use for it.
My reply was "No way, I would rather sell it, and watch the new owner set fire to it and push it over a cliff than watch him turn it into a POS."
Main reason was that he sold his ute to one of those 'We buy your car' mobs for less $$$$ than I had lent/given him to keep it roadworthy and registered/insured, and didn't even offer it to me as first choice. Reckon I was a tad annoyed ? You bet.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Got to be careful there. They can trot off to court and say that you have not provided for them, with a sad story, and the Judge will over-rule what you wanted.
Leave them something with specific reasons why you decide who gets what, and they can't complain.
That is, presuming you have something to leave, and haven't selfishly spent it all on yourself as a reward for fruits of your own labour.

Wife suggested that I could give my ute to our son when I have no further use for it.
My reply was "No way, I would rather sell it, and watch the new owner set fire to it and push it over a cliff than watch him turn it into a POS."
Main reason was that he sold his ute to one of those 'We buy your car' mobs for less $$$$ than I had lent/given him to keep it roadworthy and registered/insured, and didn't even offer it to me as first choice. Reckon I was a tad annoyed ? You bet.

Left my reasons....Just didn't think it was appropriate to post the reasons up on the interweb

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I`d just want to see the pics and the price ????:(

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
Hey look if dad passed I wouldn't mind putting my hand up for his Harley. Everyone would argue about the mustang I mean who doesn't want an 85k boss replica mach 1.

But I own enough cars, yes his is nicer than mine as mine are all Resto projects . Didn't start that way but are now

The Harley him and I spent every second Saturday for 3 months going to bike shops to pick out the exact one he wanted after the divorce settlement happened. He was getting in too much trouble with the old z900 he'd restored and mum convinced him to sell it so he wanted to do something for himself.

He worked five sometimes six days a week. Every second Sunday like clockwork we were on that bike. Some of the best memories of my life started on the back of that motorcycle. The nostalgia, not the value is the reason I'd want it.

I don't know if it's because my father grew up poor and worked for everything he had so he made me too. I grew up with the you want something you work for it and you get it.

Expecting to own something because you're blood and you can't take it with you has never sat well with me. If they want you to have it , sure ! I think though , you gotta earn everything you get.

When my ma passed it was so sudden and we where broke,I sold my hq ute to pay for the funeral was my first car.in the months that followed dad wasn't in the position to keep mums Harley so I bought it off him for what he was asking,as he asked if it was ok to sell it.i told him you don't have to ask, letting me know what you need to do and giving me a chance to buy it means more then a just giving it to me.it still sits in dad's shed we go for a ride together when I can get down there. I could never put a price on that.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Totally agree you, have to make the Will tight so you need unfortunately need a GOOD PROBATE Lawyer (sometime they are the scum of the Earth according to my friend that is a Criminal Lawyer) Forget that lie (used plenty of time in Court) that you have not provided for them rubbish because that old school tactics The Latest trick used in the Courts is "My Dad Sexually abuse me trick," That gets any Judge especially the Wet Fanny Judges and they will get more $$$$$$$ then the honest, caring, perfect child you had. I have heard of horid stories over my BBQ Days (before Covid)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Just saying it was a shame thing to do.. U sound like him a d** k.

I just saying what a shame... U sound like him a d***k.. And must not be a HEMI fan
Umm.

GZo4f.gif