Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3 inch xforce catback system

Alfred Naden

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf commodore evoke
Can I install a 3 inch xforce exhaust system on my vf Commodore evoke if I am on my Green ps

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
You can, but your neighbourhood will hate you...

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
The Varex Bi-Model mufflers are a must if your neighbours are close , but on an Evoke ?

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Can I install a 3 inch xforce exhaust system on my vf Commodore evoke if I am on my Green ps
technically no you can't change the original exhaust emissions parts, so if you keep all the mufflers, cats and headers youre fine but you wont. Honestly Id do it and not care but bimodal varex will save you and your neighbourhood.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
2.5 is to big on a v6 let alone 3 inch, will sound terrible

BlaserF3

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF/S1 SS Storm Ute - quite warmed up
The Varex Bi-Model mufflers are a must if your neighbours are close , but on an Evoke ?

Hi kleanphi, do you have any experience with the Varex bimodal mufflers, or heard them? I'm running a headers back 3" full Hurricane system on my modified 6.0L VF Ute and while the sound is great at idle and on song, it's quite noisy idling up our neighborhood street which is on a 30 degree incline at 6.30am... :)

I'm considering going to the Varex bimodals as needed to keep the peace but would like to hear from someone who uses them or knows what they sound like when open.

TIA,,,

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Hi @BlaserF3 , I have a full X-Force 3' system with Varex , and I'm quite happy with the note , my car is cammed so idle is good also . They are quiet when closed and definitely make a difference early morning . Ive had mixed experience with mine , one became rattly and the other got stuck after about a years and half . I bought them through SparesBox and contacted them and had them replaced as they were still covered by 2 year warranty , They did try to blame the stuck valve on electrical problem which (electronics) only have a year warranty . I pointed out it was a mechanical issue and sent a couple of videos and all was good , so far with this new set I haven't had a problem

BlaserF3

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF/S1 SS Storm Ute - quite warmed up
Thanks very much for the info Phil. Just what I was looking for!
I'm cammed as well and very happy with the Hurricane system including headers.will look into it.
Cheers!