Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3 into 1?

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
Gday, I have a qusetion for you? I've got three 202's, they are red, blue, and the black. Now, my red one is worked, the other 2 are stock, ( black motor is efi..) I've read somewhere on the net that, I can put red guts into black block, use blue crankshaft and head. Is this true? Cheers Jason

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
red crank in a blue motor will rev harder due to the small wieghted crank, and you want the 3.3 blue or black head because it is a 12 port

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
blue crank for the win fully balanced from factory but doesnt matter if you are fitting different pistons will need redoing.i used to rev my cammed 3.3 blue to well over 7000 never came to peices

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
Thanks for your reply guys, so which motor would be best to do up? my red motor has 186 head stg 2 which is has a small crack in it. 179 steel crank, 040'' thou flat top pistons, moly rings, crow cam stg 2 .490"lift, str8 cuts, blue motor dizzy, pacemakers extractors, redline torker 2 manifold, 500 holley, std oil pump, and its mated to aussie 4 spd. i'm thinking of doing up a fully work 202 but which one? I've been given a celica 5spd with rod hadfield bell housing.......cheers j

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
the blue and black heads stock out flow worked red motor heads so i'd be using the head off one of those motors. i believe the black motor had bigger valves then the blue?